We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

“Smart Cover” Idea/Concept

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Utsav Brahmakshatriya 2 years ago.

JoeMay joemay

“Smart Cover” Idea/Concept

28/06/2014 at 18:34

Since Phonebloks smartphone is a phone, it makes sense that it should have a cover, lots of people have them for their: Android devices, Apple devices… But what I’m thinking of is that (obviously) it’d cover the rear of the device and may also keep the module’s in their place (if the magnets aren’t strong enough), and it may also be customizable (?), but (!) my idea is that it’s like a “smart cover”. Listen, the actual rear of the device, with it’s “bloks”, I presume “let off” some sort of “electrical field” around the device, and through that, the “smart cover” will (integrated into the cover) either have a mini screen or small LED’s in a grid sequence in the middle or in the centre of the top part of the cover (which I think is more sensible), and this will “display” a notification, depending on the app the notification is from, it’ll be an different picture, and it needs NO charging because the device emits this “field of electricity”, where the covers rests. For an example, somebody just re-tweeted a tweet of yours: your device is face down (for demonstrational purposes): the little screen on the cover (or LED’s) will demonstrate a picture of the Twitter app logo. It also doesn’t necessarily have to be a colour screen (or colour LED’s), it could just as easily be black or white (depending on the colour of the cover), the image displayed can be a white outline of the app logo, in Twitter’s case, a white Larry the bird and a white outline of the outline of the blue square (presuming the cover’s black it’d be white and vice versa). Plus the good thing I think is that since it’s on the back of the device, and as I’ve noted before, it “captures” electricity (in a form or another) and needs no charging (as I’ve also noted above). Thank You!! :)DISCLAIMER!! IF MY CONCEPT ACTUALLY EXISTS, TO A “T”, THEN IT’S PURELY COINCIDENTAL!!

8 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
starter
19/11/2016 at 09:49

that could be a great idea but if we are dealing with blocks we need to disassemble them often so the cover will be on and off repeatedly and that can damage the circuit of the cover and also the locking of the cover.

elsewhere,
we can use the same concept on the screen of the phone displaying the logo of the app having notification.

otherwise;
we can put a rim around the sides of the phone having small led display showing network details and notifications.so that the notifications can be seen from any one side of the phone.

05/04/2015 at 03:10

that could be great,i think phone blok case can be use as the package from partner such as mp3 phone from sennheiser or audio modules

11/02/2015 at 16:30

I think its a great idea but i think the electric field gives not enough electricity for the display of the smart cover and i think there need to be small edges on the top of the phone (like a bumper case) that holds all the parts together

starter
17/12/2014 at 12:08

ill be having a slim heavy duty case on my phoneblok!

26/11/2014 at 20:27

It would have to be made of something shockproof(if dropped). It can be useful for the safety of the Bloks or screen. Provided that, will help prevent problems where the screws holding the device together will not help the Phone if damaged too much. Another thing is that any cover in this should be made to keep the device at a safe temperature as well. However I won’t get into any more suggestions. It’s a great idea in general.

05/08/2014 at 20:49

Great idea, but…. the power emitted by the blokes won’t be enough to power the display. The display will not be able to process all the frequencies at the same time to provide a live update. My suggestion would be to have the case powered by the phone, but have it run on low power white LED’s and all the info to be processed by the phones processor. You could also however, have an e-ink display as this only needs to be charged once and it stays like that till a new charge comes through. This is low power consuming and also needs little processor usage.

05/08/2014 at 20:02

That’s an amazing idea! It would really work great.

12/07/2014 at 15:11

That’s a good idea!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪