We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

smell & air pollution, how that effect

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Molly 1 month ago.

arani arani

smell & air pollution, how that effect

12/07/2019 at 05:17

<span style=”font-family: sans-serif; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;”>Hey,
I love your idea and what you doing, considering to create one of precious plastic container in our village,  living in the jungle – Costa Rica,  the only one  thing I can not find out its:
1. what is the implications of environmental pollution out of this specific process of </span><span style=”font-family: sans-serif;”><span style=”letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;”>melting the plastic.
2.  Is there a smell as a result of the plastic melt?

</span></span>If so, how far does the smell affect?  The village is small in the forest and we do not want it to affect quality of life at the level of smell or air pollution.

1 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
new
02/09/2019 at 23:15

Hi Arani,
I haven’t done the processes described on this website myself (yet!), but I imagine it would depend a lot on what type of plastic you are heating and how much. I have melted small amounts of PLA before and as long as you dissipate it with a fan there is not a lingering smell. You could also consider melting at night so as not to disturb neighbors.
Good luck!
Molly

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪