We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

South Australian precious plastics

spike pickstock pickstock

South Australian precious plastics

20/04/2018 at 13:02

Something i just noticed looking at the map
Out of the whole Country of Australia there are only posts from people in South Australia and one in Tasmania. I have made a Facebook group to try and make the SA community a bit smaller.
Quite amazing i think that nothing had been done on a larger scale.

4 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
starter
24/04/2018 at 08:57

Hey mate,
Yeah, looks like there are not that many Aussies getting involved.
I’ve just sent off the shredder files for laser cutting, so will hopefully have a shredder up and running soon. I’m currently in Mildura, Vic. but also live in Sydney.
Matt

dedicated
24/04/2018 at 14:00

@pickstock,@metalsnacks Hi Guys Their is a big Aussie contingent a lot of them don’t post too much they are busy doing projects and other things if you guys need anything I can put in the right direction or help chop out. Hows the Mildura laser cutters going? just pm me.

starter
26/04/2018 at 16:02

Hey @plastikfantastik good to hear that there are more Aussies involved.

I hope to get my laser cut parts early next week. Unfortunately I assumed the files in the blueprints folder were the correct ones for the shredder, but I’ve only just discovered that there is an updated design in another folder. Oh well, looks like I’m making the the old version (v2.0). Also, stainless steel is too expensive for me so I’m having my parts cut from mild steel instead.

Can I ask where you sourced your hex bar from. All my online searching of Aussie metal suppliers has come up with nothing.

BTW I just had a look at your build instructions on Dropbox. Great stuff. I wish that I had read it last week. Then I would have known that an updated shredder design existed.

Cheers,
Matt

starter
22/06/2018 at 06:53

I’m in Sydney and keen to get involved

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪