We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Spam / Scam Bots

This topic contains 90 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  Getthip Hannarong 11 months ago.

Jegor jegor-m

Spam / Scam Bots

07/11/2017 at 13:26

Dear all!

Please be aware of ongoing spam / scam attacks.

If you get a suspicious message, please message the Moderators ( @xxxolivierxxx ; @flo-2; @jegor-m; @donald) and we will take care of the account sending those.

You can also post here the link to the spammer’s account.

—-
We have been informed about a number of Suvo Sarkar accounts and spam messages. Please also report to us a message if you see him here.
Other spam users:
Hamid Coulibaly @coulibsulaim

90 replies
6 subscribers
1 saved
3 likes
sort on date

In reply to: Spam / Scam Bots

starter
30/11/2017 at 08:12

I got one today also. Evidently Suvo cant afford his own email address.. still using gmail. Oil must be drying up.. 😂😂

warrior
29/11/2017 at 13:33

So,

We have deleted that user straight away.

While it is possible to filter the spam bots that post ridiculous topics, it is impossible to control what is being sent to you in messages. If you see something suspicious, report it!

helper
29/11/2017 at 08:38

The same thing happened around 2 weeks ago: Spam/scam bots. I think when the folks from precious plastic know of the spam/scam they’ll take care of it just as last time!

new
29/11/2017 at 08:09

Just got one from same sender, don’t reply just erase it

warrior
07/11/2017 at 14:55

sorry for that everyone. User is blocked now!

warrior
27/03/2019 at 15:57

@xxxolivierxxx ; @flo-2@jegor-m

Be aware, another one calling themselves Catalina George:

“My name is Nurse Catalina i will like you to contact me back on my email: [email protected] because i have something important to tell you if you don’t mind my email: [email protected]

hero
12/04/2018 at 05:25

@plastikfantastik
Maybe he just wanted to be your friend 🙂
Joking aside, I just looked for that member but cannot find any profile named SOW, so I guess it was already deleted https://davehakkens.nl/community/members/sow/

dedicated
12/04/2018 at 02:12

@xxxolivierxxx ; @flo-2; @jegor-m
scam/spam bot?
I received this today and think this is a scam, the user is sow and private messaged me this
“My name is Rejoice ,am single, never married, I’m here searching for friendship. i came across your profile on site today, became interested in you. Please write me to my email ( [email protected] )for more introduction. Because I’m not often on these site. So i can send you my pictures and discuss something very important with you, i hope we can be best of friends”
I have deleted the message but thought I would share just in case others have got the same message or similar?

hero
30/11/2017 at 22:28

I do apologize for the spam, we are currently working on implementing anti spam/scam systems on the forum but it has been a little complex because most of the pages here are custom, which means that pretty much any WordPress/BBPress plugin available needs manual coding/tweaking to adapt to our forum pages.

In the meantime, please don’t reply to any of those messages and feel free to PM me directly and I’ll take care of the spammer account.

Regards

30/11/2017 at 17:57

I got the same, too!
What a shame that it´s just a scam… I thought there he finally is the sponsor of my Plastic Upcycling Center… 😉

starter
30/11/2017 at 13:06

Hi! Yesterday i recibed same mail.

starter
30/11/2017 at 11:42

Same here. Luckily someone deleted this bastard!!

starter
30/11/2017 at 08:02

Me too

new
30/11/2017 at 07:14

Just got one from suvo1.

helper
29/11/2017 at 15:46

@jegor-m

Attachments:

starter
29/11/2017 at 15:26

Aaaand here we go again…

Attachments:

dedicated
08/11/2017 at 08:55

Me too they must be desparate if they have bald cancer

starter
07/11/2017 at 14:57

As wee seem to be running “buddypress” as a comunity engine, I’d suggest adding “BuddyPress Security Check” plugin (bp-security-check). It adds recaptcha on the registration form. Since the map is already google maps, it should be easy to get an api key for the recapcha service.

hero
31/03/2019 at 20:19

Thanks @floj, Account deleted
I have deleted 3 spammers in a row and all of them had “George” as their last name, weird…

hero
28/03/2019 at 17:54

Thanks both, account deleted. Friggin spammers, hope they burn in hell….

starter
06/12/2017 at 11:44

Yes. Latest scam user is @kurttimrott. please remove him asap.

his mesaage is:

Kurt Timrott Star
Hello,

I am sorry to encroach into your privacy. I find it pleasurable to tender you my partnership in business. I am Dr. Kurt Timrott currently working with the United Nation on appointment.

I found your details on the directory and I think you are worth talking to. I have an outstanding supply contract with the United Nations and I would like to introduce you to this supply business. It’s very profitable and will be of great benefit to both of us. It’s about buying and selling and you make 100% profit on your investment within 5 working days. I will provide you with more information if interested.

Kindly contact me on my private email stating your interest so that I can provide you with all necessary information as to how to commence proceedings.

Regards.
Dr. Kurt Timrott
Email: [email protected]

new
03/12/2017 at 15:52

Hi to all the community!!

I need to inform here there is someone sending scam message from this community with he following fake message:

“I am Suvo Sarkar of Emirates NBD bank. I wish to share a business proposal with you, it is in connection with your last name. Please contact me on my email at ([email protected]) so that i will get back to you soonest.”

dedicated
01/12/2017 at 10:20

Will there be a report button in the future, or should we just send a PM with a screenshot to one of the moderators?

– May all spam be stopped, and may noone be tricked into sending their money, to pay for an airline ticket, for their supossed goldbar-owning, rich, nigerian, far out family, uncle.

new
01/12/2017 at 09:18

Got one too

new
01/12/2017 at 03:41

Hi, Andy…
I’m Handri, from Bandung Indonesia.
Are you really in sumatera Indonesia, or in another state ?…

new
01/12/2017 at 03:38

I got the same message too…

starter
29/11/2017 at 22:03

I’ve also been researching the web and this scam has been on for a while……. Is there a way we can do something? Cause if we don’t it will keep going on.

warrior
29/11/2017 at 15:48

@geat, user deleted now.

warrior
29/11/2017 at 15:47

@datamatrix, it is sorted for now.

warrior
29/11/2017 at 14:55

@geat,

You mention second account, can you send me a direct message with the nicknames of that user please.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪