We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Starting My Shredder

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Halim Widya Kusuma 2 weeks ago.

Eddy Machado NEto eddysnake

Starting My Shredder

08/01/2019 at 20:15

Hi everyone

I’m from Brazil and i just start building my shredder machine and thermal press.
And i want to share my altarnative build for the shredder with cheaper and easyer materials, avoiding the cnc method because is very expensive here.
It’s a home made project and i hope it works in the end
Sorry for my bad english

Thanks

Attachments:
10 replies
5 subscribers
0 saved
4 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Starting My Shredder

starter
08/01/2019 at 20:18

I use 7 saws for wood cutting, a treaded bar and some nuts for fixing ich saw on the bar. The next step is use a motor of wash machine and some bicicle gears and chais to de transmission.

new
12/01/2019 at 14:51

Buenos días

como te ha hido con tu maquina ya la hechaste a andar?

starter
15/01/2019 at 13:58

Hola!
I’m working in baby steps. I’m doing the frame in wood and put a bearing to make the axis roll more easier.

Attachments:

starter
15/01/2019 at 14:05

i will take more pictures to show more details later.

starter
16/01/2019 at 17:25

There are some photos of shaft and nuts bearing. I use 7 110mm wooden saws. The internal bore of the saw is 20mm. Next, buy a 20mm x 1000mm threaded bar and 20 nuts to secure the saw on the bar. The bearing has an external diameter of 45 mm, 20 mm internal and 10 mm thick. I make a hole with a hole saw and use sandpaper for final detail and fit. the next step is to finish the box and reinforce the frame with some metal plates to make the frame.

Attachments:

starter
17/01/2019 at 08:44

this is awesome. im really interested in the function of it. just yesterday i was looking into saw blades as an alternative. i was thinking of going with 4 1/2 inch blades using jam nuts and lock washers as the spacing. to allow me a tighter pattern.

starter
05/02/2019 at 02:15

You will need to use more resistance blades, because most time you use, the blades will lose the teeth’s easily. Mandei pra você uma solicitação de amizade.

starter
05/02/2019 at 13:00

luccajones i’m trying to make a simple machine, using materials easily to find, just for the first start and I do not believe these blades lose their sharp as fast, as they are for cutting wood.

Attachments:

starter
05/02/2019 at 13:11

Yes, it’s a good project. Give me ideas, because Lasercut metal is much expensive.

dedicated
12/03/2019 at 04:11

it’s a tricky idea 🙂
i would like to watch the shredding process..

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.