We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Step #2 – Finding a piece of land

This topic contains 73 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  Adrien Luitot 19 hours ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Step #2 – Finding a piece of land

20/05/2018 at 15:07

Hey!

Before we go in details about a piece of land, make sure to watch the step #1 video on projectkamp.com and read this post here.

This topic is to discuss options to find a piece of land, i’m sure there are many places available but hard to find them all from a laptop in the Netherlands. This this topic is to share ideas, sites, listings, pictures of land that is available. You might even have a friend that has a piece available.

Specially in early stage we are quite easy, never bought a piece of land so would like to explore options. A few (flexible) guidelines though.
– Netherlands would be cool, otherwise or Europe.
– Close to an airport or train station (max 1,5 hour)
– Enough surrounding green land around it.
– River in it would be sick! Otherwise we will digg a lake 😀
– Possible to live there with multiple people
– Max €80K, i guess…

Hopefully you guys are able to help out! The person that finds the land gets its own statue with name on the land. Eternal Project Kamp fame ✌️

Attachments:
73 replies
30 subscribers
5 saved
21 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
25/06/2018 at 22:39

sounds like an interesting location @lisedecoulandon! You got pictures/info of the land?

starter
26/06/2018 at 08:38

Hi,
Here it is https://goo.gl/maps/o3cBqXByfEL2 but the pointer isn’t exactly
1.6 ha arable land and 0.4 ha trees. Hedges all around. Sunset and sunrise.
Licence for an agricultural-education project.
Have a nice day,
Lise

starter
30/06/2018 at 15:15

I am in Latvia and have a place for sale with 2 ponds plus a Mill Pond and river, up river a couple of hundred meters is a big lake. Lots of buildings needing repair, old water mill, old brewery, Manor house, farm managers house and so on and they used to make bricks here…. 4 hectares plus more available,  hour from airport and capital, just I want more than 80K for it…It needs a community to make it live again! Seriously Latvia might be a possibility, it is in the EU so many on here wouldn’t have a problem. Land here is not as pricey as some parts of western europe. Maybe I could find something here for your Kamp if you have a better idea what you are looking for?

new
02/07/2018 at 22:07

Hi All,
If you look at a place in The Netherlands, think about Fort Oranje in Zundert, Noord-Brabant. This special place was negatively in the news because of its inhabitants. The local government put an end to all the illegal activities and everybody had to leave and clear the campsite.

Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5JFWCN4rc

If you want to make a chance to become the new future of Fort Oranje: talk with the local government of Zundert. At this moment they don’t know what to do with the place, so the idea of Project Kamp may come just at the right moment. Come with a solid, environmentally plan (for example to use the current debree for new buildings) and let the Kamp have a close connection with nature, just like how the local government wants it. Small rivers (Turfvaart, Bijloop, Aa of Weerijs) are near the campsite and may provide fresh water.
The local government doesn’t want problems with Fort Oranje like they had the past years, so convincing them that this Kamp will be different than the last one, will be a challenge…

What do you think?

Greetings, Ruben

Attachments:
starter
04/07/2018 at 04:09

+1 for help in North Carolina should you decide to cross the pond. I’m an hour away from Cordane, in Asheville, NC, and have built an off-grid homestead with harvested water and solar power with greenhouse, fruit/berry plants, among a beautiful hardwood forest. I’m already planning to build another couple small houses on my 1 hectare and a workshop.

Some of us from Asheville are already forming a zero-waste group and looking into large-scale wast re-utilization options (e.g. Konlix process to make bricks from trash). 45 minutes away from me across the border in Tenessee, there are some rural counties that have no regulation or building codes (e.g. Cocke County, TN) if you don’t mind bluegrass music.

Attachments:
new
09/07/2018 at 03:59

seems like cool if in indonesia…. but i dont have land that wide

starter
11/07/2018 at 21:38

HI Dave, I have 40 hectares in Spain, just outside of Barcelona, 85 km. Forest and  vineyards .. Our ideas totally match up. Happy to discuss or guide you to your own property.. there is a lot available but its not that easy if you don’t have a construction permit on the property itself. groeten, Lars

warrior
17/07/2018 at 08:01

you got more info @wickedstylish? Sounds cool!

starter
17/07/2018 at 10:09

sure @davehakkens .. please see top view of the property.. and the high light could be ‘yours’.  It is in El Pla de Manlleu .. maybe better to have a Skype or call to discuss the options. Cheers!

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/43714+El+Pla+de+Manlleu,+Tarragona/@41.3636445,1.4823444,735m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x12a40cbe2154e7fd:0xed426c4c305e0de7!2s43714+El+Pla+de+Manlleu,+Tarragona!3b1!8m2!3d41.367331!4d1.5011985!3m4!1s0x12a40cbe2154e7fd:0xed426c4c305e0de7!8m2!3d41.367331!4d1.5011985

Attachments:
helper
17/07/2018 at 10:49

yeah, that’s a nice area, we have our wood working center just around the corner, and soon a metal work shop. there are also the more cheap suppliers around but the best part: awesome beaches! The downside: There is also a nuclear plant and huge area of chemistry industry, I’d be happy to see projekt kamp there. count on our full support 🙂

starter
17/07/2018 at 11:15

@anne-barbier, Thanks for your support.. I am more down to Vilafranca del Penedès over Manlleu close to your wood center… 🙂 I saw your full equipped shredder already.. cool! I might swing by to have a look at you you guys are doing. Wood + metal is a winning formula for me, and that with recycling plastic .. Speak soon! Lars

starter
17/07/2018 at 22:22

this is the greatest idea yet from Dave, keep sharing within the forum everyone this is a powerful project!

TOGETHER WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL 🙂

Attachments:
starter
19/07/2018 at 00:05

Hi !
I know a way to find lands. It consist to search them by visiting pieces of land. Go where you think you can find your, than check if there is what you want, river, nice vegetation, nice trees,or other requirements. If you find the perfect one, contact the owner and propose him an offer. It will cost you less money because the owner didn’t have in idea to seel his land.
The negative point is that it take a lot of time.
The positive point is that you’ll have exactely what you want and it will cost you less money.

Viewing 13 replies - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.