We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Step #2 – Finding a piece of land

This topic contains 235 replies, has 135 voices, and was last updated by  Marius 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Step #2 – Finding a piece of land

20/05/2018 at 15:07

Hey!

Before we go in details about a piece of land, make sure to watch the step #1 video on projectkamp.com and read this post here.

This topic is to discuss options to find a piece of land, i’m sure there are many places available but hard to find them all from a laptop in the Netherlands. This this topic is to share ideas, sites, listings, pictures of land that is available. You might even have a friend that has a piece available.

Specially in early stage we are quite easy, never bought a piece of land so would like to explore options. A few (flexible) guidelines though.
– Netherlands would be cool, otherwise or Europe.
– Close to an airport or train station (max 1,5 hour)
– Enough surrounding green land around it.
– River in it would be sick! Otherwise we will digg a lake 😀
– Possible to live there with multiple people
– Max €80K, i guess…

Hopefully you guys are able to help out! The person that finds the land gets its own statue with name on the land. Eternal Project Kamp fame ✌️

Attachments:
235 replies
89 subscribers
28 saved
47 likes
sort on date
02/07/2018 at 22:07

Hi All,
If you look at a place in The Netherlands, think about Fort Oranje in Zundert, Noord-Brabant. This special place was negatively in the news because of its inhabitants. The local government put an end to all the illegal activities and everybody had to leave and clear the campsite.

Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5JFWCN4rc

If you want to make a chance to become the new future of Fort Oranje: talk with the local government of Zundert. At this moment they don’t know what to do with the place, so the idea of Project Kamp may come just at the right moment. Come with a solid, environmentally plan (for example to use the current debree for new buildings) and let the Kamp have a close connection with nature, just like how the local government wants it. Small rivers (Turfvaart, Bijloop, Aa of Weerijs) are near the campsite and may provide fresh water.
The local government doesn’t want problems with Fort Oranje like they had the past years, so convincing them that this Kamp will be different than the last one, will be a challenge…

What do you think?

Greetings, Ruben

new
17/06/2018 at 12:52

guys, always check on the usual pages, what kind of fees you’re facing :  https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living. best mix is spain as said, lowest barriers in europe to build a project like this.
g

starter
15/06/2018 at 09:07

Piece of land for sale in South of Brazil, city of Lages, state of Santa Catarina, with an area of 1.000.000 m² (square meters) and 62.000 Pine Trees with 10 yrs old. This piece of land is for sale for the price of 300.000 euro. In this 1 million square meter area I calculate we can build a city/village for a population of 4000 to 8000 people (1200 to 2400 houses). One idea is to form a group of half the number of the desired population. Based on the One Community Earthbag Village Time Investment Estimates, a group of people can build a village for double the amount of people in the group in 2 to 3 years. I know that moving so far south may seem farfecthed to some, but Brazil is the 6th economy in the world. It is the country were all cultures meet, the country with more japanese people outside of japan, the country with more water and natural resources, land is much cheaper both because of the currency difference AND the fact that Brazil is so big and has so much land… Also, consider the idea of making a crowdfunding campaing where one of the rewards people get when they donate is A HOUSE IN THE NEW CITY/VILLAGE… imagine, a crowdfunding campaign where if you donate, say, $5000 you get a house, and not just a house, but a house in a city that you’ll help build, where energy and water will be free, where there would be far less social problems… and we can limit the amount of this particular reward on the crowdfunding campaign, to the number of houses we plan to build on the land chosen, so we don’t end up selling more than we can build. So, if we were to choose this land, with that goal of building a city/village for 8 thousand people, considering 3 people per house on average that would be 2700 houses to be built in the city. So we can limit the house reward to 2000 units. If we create simple and short videos, like the ones Dave does explaining the project (and if the project is solid enough) and we share it it could go viral, a house for 5k in a smartcity built by the people? and there’s only 2000 units? people would race to get it. And 2000 houses for 5000 dollars each would get us 10 million dollars, which is the same as 30 million reais (brazil’s currency). [Which is the amount of money invested by an italian corporate group in the construction of a smartcity here in Brazil, for a population of 20.000 people (3 times the amount of people I described) in an area of 3.3 million square meters (3 times the size of the land in the picture) northeast region: http://www.planetsmartcity.com.br

Attachments:
new
14/06/2018 at 09:30

@raphaelvalentino

I quite like the idea of open sourcing an automated vending machine.

I had this idea thinking about how to help farmers lower the barrier to entry to sell locally in short supply chain.

Like an amazon locker delivery but to sell food or put prepared orders.

Attachments:
starter
14/06/2018 at 07:03

Explaining deeper, stuff about Project Kamp. The goal of any project similar to project Kamp should be to achieve selfsufficiency, that is, to produce all of the goods and services that the community needs (very important to make the distinction between needs and wants) like food, water, shelter, sewage, recycling, production of goods (like clothing, hygiene and cleaning products) education and health… If the members of the community have to go out of the community into the old cities to access a dentist, and to buy cleaning products, that will generate problems. The more efficient the community is, in terms of producing and distributing goods and services, the better its functioning will be. So we have to be strategic, develop a strategic plan that makes the projects development viable. And what makes things accessible is automation. Automating the process of production and distribution of goods and services makes these goods and services cheap or even free (which is the goal, everything free for everyone) so, again, my suggestion for the Project Kamp is to make it as organized and startegic as possible. Buy a piece of land. Build recycling center. With recycled plastic (and metal, Precious Metal should be done too) build houses and machines that produce food (like Farmbot) and machines that transport it and prepare and cook it. As I’ve said befor, we could build a Vegan Burger Factory, a building with a set of machines and beltways that receive the vegetables, wash them, cut them mix them and prepare them into vegan sandwiches that are designed (by nutrition professionals) to serve as a full meal and sandwiches that are also very cheap… the sandwiches would come out of the factory wrapped in a paper package (which could serve and a newsletter) and could be distributed to the adjacent cities to be sold in Automated Vending Machines… we are all familarized with such machines, think about it, these machines can sell vegan burgers, full vegan health-bomb meals. think of the impact of general public health. millions of homeless people being able to access healthy food. This is the first time I’m sharing this idea with anyone, and I had it very recently. If we also produced these Automated Vending Machines, making them Precious plastic style, with recycled materials, we could lower their cost tremendly, considering that these machines as sold by the current companies that make them are enourmous, like 10 thousand euro for one machine… Also, we could develop these machines to accept 2kg of plastic of metal trash in exchange for 1 sandwich, this way homeless people could collect trash from the streets and buy food with it. the only workers necessary would be one or two supervisioning the factories, and the people trasnporting the burgers from factory to vending machine, replenishing it when its empty. the transporter delivers the batch of sandwiches to the vending machine and take the trash collected back to where the factory is (project kamp, where the food is produced and also where the recycling of the trash collected wil take place) where it is used to build new machines to be sold for other regions in a form of franchising.

starter
29/05/2018 at 17:26

Hey Dave,

Greetings from Nepal !

Took three days to sign up in your community due to the technical problem. Anyways, I just want to say for the Kamp project, I can manage you many different lands in Nepal. By the way and the lands are reasonably cheap than any other south Asian countries.

I think these kind of small projects should be done in country like ours which is underdeveloped and could bring awareness for the environment before they do more damages to the environment by adapting eco friendly lifestyle.

If you are interested, I would invite you to see the lands that are suitable for the projects. We have two giant nations India and China in our south and northern territories with more than two billion population for whom we can demonstrate our recycling workshops and collaborate with to bring more awareness.

You can send me an email at [email protected] to see some of the pics if you consider to do so or maybe I can send some upon your request if you wish. But honestly i think you should come here for getting more exposure to the project like this to educate the people about creating self sustaining communities. I too have some good projects along with yours to make it even better.

Waiting for your response to act on if you considered Nepal to be the place for Project kamp.

With Kind regards,
Sagar Pathak
A change maker by heart.

starter
27/05/2018 at 05:48

Hi Dave
I know you have first suggested “Finding a piece of land” for this project and am jumping the gun with providing thoughts on community planning because this is an area in which I am personally interested in. I recently took the time to look at your recommended “video” list and suggest others to do so if they already haven’t. The Venus Project is a project I looked at some years ago and filed away but your list sparked my interest in it again. Have you yourself looked at it and what are your thoughts?

And Greg, vegan I can do 🙂

new
24/05/2018 at 13:32

In Ukraine, people from EU and some other country  has 3 months entry without visa. so you can keep re enter. I think also can make some temporary residency and can stay here as long as you  want.

starter
21/05/2018 at 13:42

I love this Idea! I have been in love with a house in the Dutch south-west (Brabant) for a long time. It’s kind of close to Rotterdam and Breda. It is surrounded by a lot of land so maybe the excisting house could be a workspace and other houses could be built. I don’t know if it’s for sale. I know it has been abandoned for quite a few years now. (I hope the picture is working) There a river very close an some kind of small woods. I always dreamt of living there but i might be to expensive plus I figured living with somewhere with a group would be more fun anyway.

Otherwise it’s here

And here 

starter
21/05/2018 at 09:27

Check out Riven.. I mean, Georgia 🙂 https://youtu.be/YWXvDxovfM4

starter
05/11/2019 at 23:13

There are EU-subsidies (EAFRD, EFRO,..) for sustainable projects that provide grants up to 85% of the total project costs, incluiding the construction of a building. I’m currently working on a proposal for an off-grid eco-B&B in the south of Spain with the help of these funding mechanisms.

Also, after having built several windturbines, I am developing an open-source 3D-printable windturbine based on http://www.reprap-windturbine.com/ and https://www.otherpower.com/7footwindturbine.html.

I also build my own 4G-antennas (biquad, yagi,..).

Let me know if you can use my help with funding, DIY renewable energy or the 4G-interwebs @acoira @davehakkens.

starter
22/10/2019 at 00:22

WOW. I just spent the day looking up all the prossibilities on this post. I gotta write my own but Ill keep on looking as I didnt finished.

Maybe we can turn thin into a network where all of us who has an land can stay for 3/4 months in each land and help develope projects then we move to the next land. would take a while but I’de be up for it. the harder it is the more im interested.

Well, I have an option too.

Its in the north of Brazil in the Amazon region, in an Island called Mosqueiro close to Belem where you can take flights from/to USA and several destinations in Europe.

This island was popular around the 60’s and 70’when we had the rubber period in Brazil, later its start dying out and now only local weekend tourist go there and leave all their trash. Its a hard one to work on.

I want to make all the garbage in the island being processed in the land and find ways to regain the value of the trash into the community around.

The land is still 100% original forest and the brazilian forest law allos owners to use only 20% of the land and protect 80%. from the protected area you can also collect fruits and seeds for making new samples of original background which can be sold to other owners who need to reforestate their land.

Th alnd has 50.000 square metters and it shapes like the Central Park in NYC. the dimentions of the lend are 100 meters by 500meters and there are over 100 direct neibors who I want to include and be the one with the biggest benefits from any projects going on there.

The are lack on everything and the neibors through their garbage in the land already or in other locations but there’s no colletion and the word recycling is really not yet known there, also sewage goe to tanks and potable water comes from individual wells. sanitation, education, infrastructure are also problem exixting there.

Im comming up with and starting idea of a vegetable garden which people can bring their soted garbage and exchange for vegetable. 1 kilo of garbage = 1 kilo of food but for the moment we are just setting the garden in a area that had a small fire some years ago as the garbage inthe land got caught on fire so there an opening in the land of about 10 meter by 10 meters. you can see on the picture with the tree hight

Attachments:
new
17/08/2019 at 03:03

hey @davehakkens, @acoira and team! How is the land situation? I am Filipa, portuguese and I am looking for land as well, quite in the same situation has you. Anything I can help let me know!
HUgs! by the way great job! and welcome to portugal 🙂

new
04/08/2019 at 11:23

Hello Project Kamp,

I´m Portuguese , and my Welcome gift ( iff you buy the land )  is a metal frame for a tunnel green house,  iff it suits the project , it´s your´s.  10 m wide, 15 to 20 m long, and 4 m tall.

Iff you need assistance, txt me.

14/05/2019 at 11:10

@ Donald

There is no Blame Dave Game happening. We are merely pondering the question if moving down to Portugal and recycling bits of plastics is going to affect any of the issues mr Dave mentioned in his Project Kamp introduction video.

As far as “open source” goes, there is not much open source about this platform. This process of setting up Project Kamp is merely distributed through a minute number of forum posts and youtube videos. All of it has the name DAVE HAKKENS plastered all over it. The only people that are involved and getting information about the process are the people surrounding Dave in Eindhoven.

Don’t call it an open source community if the whole project is centered around a couple of people in Dave’s immediate circle. Don’t be proclaiming to tackle global problems by melting down plastic waste and sell it as plastic crap. Most of which will slowly deteriorate into the environment in the long run anyway. It’s merely self-indulgence posted online.

starter
14/05/2019 at 10:46

ok,
– who does fixes the website ? the community has no access to it
– who does fixes the bazar and gives us a real forum ? the community has no access to it
– when do we get free trade ? the community has no access to it
– when can we exchange free items ? the community has no access to it
– when can we translate the website ? the community has no access to it
– how can we fix misleading and incomplete build instructions, the community has no access to it !
– who is in charge to manage the project ? dont tell me it doesn’t need a project manager, then you lost all the credibility I have left for you
– who is in charge for strategical and tactical decisions ?

it’s pretty much us, the community who has to pay now twice to get those things fixed; why ?

you want me to go on ?

starter
13/05/2019 at 23:55

Much of the statement on the problems I agree with, the question is perhaps one of what is the solution?

The RSA have some great podcasts which discuss this. Including discussion on the illusion of meritocracy and problems with technocratic neoliberal capitalism and much more. One of the first ones is on youtube here https://youtu.be/qOP2V_np2c0 the podcast is on here soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/the_rsa

On solutions, Greta Thunberg and many others talk about a circular economy. A completely different paradigm to our current abstractive system. I think it’s fair to say PreciousPlastics is a part of that. Unfortunately the economics of recycling are volatile and community scale even more so. However, many of us have been working on a business model and there is some potential. If optical sorting works, then it might not be long before PreciousPlastics could be supporting basic wages. In more dramatic terminology, PreviousPlastic is building up a new economic system while the old one still exists. But to make that sustainable, people need a low cost of living, which is where project Kamp could come in.

My main work and interest is in climate change, decades of neglect certainly give reason for outrage. However I also see reason for optimism.  We see Marie Kondo’s approach (basically minimalism), becoming incredibly popular.  With minimalism being perhaps a practical alternative at a personal level to hyper-consumption which had somehow become the norm. We are now seeing ‘thrift’ stores, aka vintage or second-hand growing faster than fast-fashion in the

states. There are signs of progress.

We do need to engage with the current system, we need PP to be able to offer employment, we need it to work at scale to address the seriousness of the plastic problem. Remembering that 90% of biodiversity loss is from extractive industries, by avoiding anything new. Working towards not needing to extract any more oil for plastic and instead simple utilising what has already been extracted would create a radically different world.  People living in a sustainable way, such as in project Kamp and equivalents means people moving away from corporations and their greed. There is a lot of work on intentional communities which can be learnt from to save time and resources. It could be a centre for learning aswell as living, therefore engaging a wider audience and supporting wider change.

There are many steps in creating an equitable and sustainable future. A circular economy including community action such as Precious Plastic is one, sustainable living such as project Kamp another. Developing new economic systems and lobbying for them (i.e. Green New Deal) are all part of the same story.

Creating viable alternatives is a strong part of addressing the challenges of our time. Creating alternatives and implementing them as people are doing here is even better.

13/05/2019 at 17:02

Forgive me for asking but:

How is moving to Portugal going to solve the issues you mentioned in the project Kamp introduction video? Sure, It is a very tantalizing ideology to set up your own community, somewhere in nature where the modern western consumerist society hasn’t taken root yet. Create your own little bubble with a big green sticker on it because you happen to be able to afford your own solar panels. While the capitalists and corporations eat the rest of us and everything else while they’re at it.
There were many communities founded out in nature in the sixties and seventies during the ideological revolution of the counter culture movement. Believing that as long as they segregated themselves from society they would not be affected by the ever growing all consuming modern world. Still it is turning everything in its path into commodities, for profit. Even our online activities is being bought and sold by corporations turning our ideologies, our ideas, our expressions, our data into a commodity. Even we are participating in this spectacle. Reaching and communicating only with the people that think alike. While the rest of society lingers on in a filter bubble they did not consent to. Their ideologies dominated by algorithms in server farms on the other side of the planet.

Why even move to Portugal to tackle problems while right here in the Netherlands we: 

-Have rapid growing socio-economic inequalities like never before.
-Are cutting more trees down per square acre than in the Amazon rain forest
-Have a government that funds cutting down the Amazon rain forest
-Are building EU subsidized Biomass ovens so that Trees from the USA and Europe can be burned off for cheap fuel and profit
-Have one of the highest amounts of per capita private and cooperate debt in the world
-Are experiencing one of the biggest house market bubbles in the world while vacancy and the need for living space is at it all time highest ever.
-Fascism is our politics is making its biggest come back ever with the FVD
-Student debt is at its all-time highest and rising
-Capitalism is on a rampant path privatizing and destroying the last bits of our public services and socialist ideologies.
-The banks are about to push our economic system over the edge. Again, just like in 2008 only now they’ve leveraged more.

The root of our social and environmental problems lie in the minds of each and every individual of this society. On a global level yes but predominantly on a local level. Going off grid and committing only to an online community while leaving the rest of society behind isn’t going to change any of them and will tackle and create only personal problems. I surely wish that this current conundrum of our generation was merely a technological or geographical issue. Sadly it appears to be institutional and societal. You can’t fix a broken car engine by replacing the headlights.

starter
19/04/2019 at 14:45

Wow, just read through the 170 replies.

Great to see so many people from all over the world working together on this and adding their ideas. Sounds like there are lots of similar “kamps”, sustainable communities (maybe) planned all over.

I know that the Precious Plastics team are looking in Castelo Branco, Portugal.

Though as this post is such a reference, I think you may be interested in the “One Planet Development” rules in Wales in the UK.  There is planning permissions especially designed for those who want to live a sustainable ‘one planet’ lifestyle. You can build on ‘green open space’ which sounds similar to what project kamp is trying to do.
Wales has sustainability written into it’s constitution, the one planet development policy is part of “one planet, one wales” and they also have ‘the future generations act’ to consider the future in policy today. It’s also very beautiful.
There is an organisation setup to help people one Planet Developments at http://www.oneplanetcouncil.org.uk

You may also be interested in the Centre for Alternative Technology, setup in the 70’s with very similar aims to Project Kamp. It now has a visitor centre, activities for children and school and even runs Masters degrees. I did my masters there and have done my own eco refurbishment of a house in the nearby town. The website is – http://www.cat.org.uk  If you visit, I’m happy to give you a tour.

Attachments:
starter
25/03/2019 at 12:38

Hey everyone!  I just came across an interesting offer for a piece of land in the Czech Republic, so I thought it would be good to share here.
It seems this place suits all the requirements above.
Transportation: 1:30 to Prague, 1:40 to Dresden
Price: 68 417 EUR
Area: 43 945 m²
part of a small stream in the area
the only thing is – it should be used for recreational purposes because it´s a former quarry. Nevertheless, I think that you could find a solution for this small bureaucratic problem.
btw. This project you came up with is just amazing, I hope that you will find your dream piece of land SOON! 🙂

Attachments:
lu
helper
18/02/2019 at 21:22

Hi Adrián & all,

I recognise that landscape! Is it near Idanha, the M. Carmona dam and the Boom Festival camp? If so it’s where my father grew up and I spent part of my childhood summers.
Yes, it is rather depopulated as many areas over 100km from the coast. In the south, in Alentejo, it’s like that as close as 50km from the coast. Dave visited Tamera, mere 35kms from the coast, so he must have seen that. Closeby there are 2 great new projects, Buínho and A-F-Á-B-R-I-C-A (https://www.facebook.com/CLARAbyProjectEarth/) that I fully recomend visiting!
Castelo Branco, in Beira Baixa, has a much ‘rougher’ weather than Alentejo, but still mild for those coming from central Spain or anywhere north of the Pyrenees.

Adrián: apologies that I didn’t answer your message when you came to Lisbon but the problem was that messages from this forum where not landing in my ‘primary’ inbox, so when I saw it it was already too late and I felt ‘ashamed’… if you want to message me you can use the email adress I gave you and I can also share other options (direct SMS is the most fail-safe 😉 )

Anyway, I have no particular ‘political’ connections in the area but can at least help with some local knowledge, local language (although most people are fine with spanish) and maybe some legalities and bureaucracies.

Great news to start the week! 🙂

starter
11/02/2019 at 19:11

@cgoflyn
That’s right, he is Enric Duran. I haven’t read about his works. Some years ago I watched in Youtube a video about the ‘cooperativa’.

So, do you suggest that open-source structure is the most recommended way to execute these kind of projects? I have almost not experience in open-source projects.

It’s true that is happening in almost 100% of the situations that the projects that fail need endless amounts of money. You’re right in the assumption that it’s possible to execute interesting initiatives with almost zero money. In some cases I have saw, it’s true that the first thing people asked for was for money, but then almost no one was working on the project. Those projects that fail usually is based in a few people that need to execute endless amount of work. As you know, that fails. It’s better, as you mention, to have lots of people doing small amount of work, and spend money as little as possible. I see more interesting your concept.

There in Germany I have seen in the internet some of the most interesting projects. Like one village that is 100% self-sustainable in terms of energy production and consumption. I remember a man that said “we need visionaires and engineers not people that the only thing they want is money and people that don’t believe in things”.

As you know, Linux for example, as far I know, is based on volunteers. For sure there are other projects that are open-source and based on volunteers too. One guy that is called Bayle Shanks emailed me with some interesting information about open-source structures and websites.

Another great idea I thought after watching a video in Youtube about a guy that tried to do his own sandwich (and cost him 1.500 USD and 6 months of time to do a simple sandwich) is the critically important thing that the distribution of work is. I remember to read somewhere in the net, that some years ago it was published a new Harry Potter book and it took less than 30 minutes to translate it all. Why? because there where hundred of people that translated 1 page at a time. If only one person wanted to translate the whole book, maybe it would take more than 1 week and some hundreds or thousands of euros. Having people working in a single project at a time, took minutes and no money. Again, with the example of the guy that tried to do his own sandwich, took much more time and money than an ordinary sandwich can cost. In a restaurant, maybe it cost 5 USD and 10 minutes. Why? because there is a group making bread, another group growing tomatoes, another group growing lettuces, the farmer is taking care of the chickens to produce meat, etc…
What that all means? That means that if work specialization is so critically important, think about hyper-specialization of work. It could be astonishing. Work execution would be (n)00% faster and cost could be dramatically diminished.

Maybe we need a website where any volunteer can join the project he/she wants? Of course, I don’t know if this would be reinventing the wheel, but it’s the way I see it nowadays.

starter
11/02/2019 at 14:48

whitaker, the guy from Catalonia you’ve mentioned is ‘Enric Dur*an’. He basically took mortgage with no real backup and then started a new kind of organisation called the ‘cooperativa integral’ which is wide spread and established in Spain. He basically pioneered the whole concept and backed this up with a new social currency. Unfortunately  many abused him and the thing got a little rotten and pretentious, to me. But his closer friends indeed managed to setup working communities, or eco villages as they are called. Anyway, currently he’s searched by interpol as well and most of us help him as much we can.

About the tools & infrastructure needed : I strongly disagree, you don’t need to build all from scratch and waste thousands of euros on this as @davehakkens does with no real substantial output. It seems a common sickness nowadays that people re-invent the wheel over and over again instead of participating in well established and organized open-source and free software knowingly that they more likely end up with a very incomplete monolith nobody wants to maintain or extend. You can see then this style over substance/functionality train-wrecks as the PP ‘platform’, focusing accidentally on trespassers rather than real grow of the existing portfolio.

However, That catalan guy managed to get it all done with zero $$ because there are still people in this world who volunteer and sign up without any commercial interest (unlike PP HQ who needs endless $$ for every simple little click they do) to get a good thing going. Another good example I know is the GUIFI network, friends of us as well, they also managed to build to largest long-range wifi network all over the planet for technically zero invest and true selfless volunteering.

I see frequently projects fail because under the assumption that the administration or leadership requires a lot of $$ whilst it’s not needed but some proper efforts.

new
05/02/2019 at 07:16

Hi Dave,

i have few land back here in Malaysia. Anytime you ready to move in or even help to setup in Malaysia, please let me know.

Fadzil

new
24/12/2018 at 03:40

Hey Team…

We are in the process of licensing our project wich consist of a family home, wooden cabins, comunity kitchen and space, wood workshop, metal workshop, library, textil workshop, art workshop, yoga cabin, sound studio and a full organic agricultural system consisting of a food forest, mushrooms and bees… all in an amazing sanctuary with a litle creek flowing.

We love your energy and the enormosity of the mission and want to help!!!

We are in a position to help you find land in Portugal and/or show you the process we went through (licensing, funding and natural construction) to get into the point where we are now in a project wich shares a lot of goals…

Big Love and keep up the amazing work!!!

new
10/12/2018 at 04:25

Hey Dave and Katharina, 🙂
Just saw the monthly news #22.

I am from Brazil and living in Lisboa – Portugal, since last august.I would love to help finding a land for PP Kamp!I am a post graduation student at NOVA de Lisboa University and I have a classes about smart cities projects.
As the teachers & the dean are extremely involved with municipalities and cares a lot about sustainability it would be awesome to help this conexion whit a few Portugal municipalities.

Tks!
Br,
Débora Montalvao

My email: [email protected]

warrior
11/11/2018 at 22:17

hi everyone, thanks for the wonderful suggestions! good to know there are still quite some amazing plots available in the world. Although I’ve been quite occupied in the last months setting Precious Plastic V4, getting people onboard and setting up a workspace. But Project Kamp has been very much in my thoughts. After going through the options, seeing which areas makes sense and where we would feel at home we decided to narrow down to Portugal!🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹

Also noticed being flexible actually makes it more difficult to find land, to many options. So here some requirements:
status: for sale or any other official and secure longterm contract
size: min 10-12 hectares
budget: +/- 60.000
transport: (max.) 2h away from a bigger city/airport
possibility to work the land (digging for lakes/wells), grow food, and construct buildings
nice to have: water source (lake, river…), trees/small forest

Let me know if you know anything, anyone, a website, an owner, a plot whatever that could help us to find our Kamp in Portugal.. 🙏

starter
11/09/2018 at 17:29

Hey Dave,
Corinne speaking,
I wrote you about lands in Colombia, and this is still valid if you wish.

If you wish to stay in Europe, I just remembered talking with my folks, that my parents have a bunch of big lands in and around the village of Carnide, near Pombal, between Porto and Lisbon, in Portugal then.
They cost truely nothing, we do not use them, we just are obligated to clean them in order to avoid fires.
So if you are interested, please contact me and it will be a pleasure to send you the details.

Good luck chosing!

warrior
17/07/2018 at 08:01

you got more info @wickedstylish? Sounds cool!

starter
26/06/2018 at 08:38

Hi,
Here it is https://goo.gl/maps/o3cBqXByfEL2 but the pointer isn’t exactly
1.6 ha arable land and 0.4 ha trees. Hedges all around. Sunset and sunrise.
Licence for an agricultural-education project.
Have a nice day,
Lise

Viewing 30 replies - 61 through 90 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪