We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Step #2 – Finding a piece of land

This topic contains 235 replies, has 135 voices, and was last updated by  Marius 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Step #2 – Finding a piece of land

20/05/2018 at 15:07

Hey!

Before we go in details about a piece of land, make sure to watch the step #1 video on projectkamp.com and read this post here.

This topic is to discuss options to find a piece of land, i’m sure there are many places available but hard to find them all from a laptop in the Netherlands. This this topic is to share ideas, sites, listings, pictures of land that is available. You might even have a friend that has a piece available.

Specially in early stage we are quite easy, never bought a piece of land so would like to explore options. A few (flexible) guidelines though.
– Netherlands would be cool, otherwise or Europe.
– Close to an airport or train station (max 1,5 hour)
– Enough surrounding green land around it.
– River in it would be sick! Otherwise we will digg a lake 😀
– Possible to live there with multiple people
– Max €80K, i guess…

Hopefully you guys are able to help out! The person that finds the land gets its own statue with name on the land. Eternal Project Kamp fame ✌️

Attachments:
235 replies
89 subscribers
28 saved
47 likes
sort on date
starter
26/11/2018 at 04:53

I’m offering a rundown old farm, Belgium with approx 10.000m2 of land around, currently grassland with some trees *nuts, apple, poplars , organic . All material in place can be somehow reused (oak and larix woods, rooftiles and so on) , place has deep water source and lower portions function as water reservoirs, forest is near.
It has all infrastructure around,  but not a busy area, some 40 minutes from Eindhoven. I’m willing to offer this for this project to start, and some extra’s on the side if needed (tractor, tools, equip etc) .

new
11/09/2018 at 15:37

Portugal would be great! We have a lot of small “abandoned” villages, good weather, nice people. Almost every family have some land not being used (with houses or not), and, since we are also a small country, everything is near everythig.

Check for instance places near “Serra de Montejunto”, I have contacts there if you like… There are even water/windmills! We have also nice renewable energy projects going on, like coopernico.org.

This project is the dream of everyone who is a conscious person 🙂

starter
31/07/2018 at 14:26

Ciao Dave and everyone else.

what a beautiful idea…I really support it and happy to know more people are doing this life change. If I see something interesting I will update you.

It is 4 years that I chose to leave Rome and live more in a natural and simple way, so I moved to the woods next to a small town. I experimented and enjoyed getting back to “real” life…

now time has come to spread this way of life I decided to open a farm based on the principles of Permaculture and sustainable living. I found a 7ha piece of land for 65.000€ in central Italy with a mini river, caves and forest. There is also a structure of a 90sqm house that needs to be finished.

The project will be based on circular economy (recycled plastic, coffee grounds & mushrooms, micelium and also composting methods) and my goal is to be soon selfsufficient.

I am planted and will be planting ancient variety of fruit trees and will give value to what grows spontanious from the land. Everything that we will do in the farm will be also used as education for kids, families…evryone,  to re-create the sense and power of community that sadly is being ignored.

I will build a tree house, buy some yurts and many other types of eco-structures. Guests and friends will be able to choose where to stay, how much to spend, only if you can spend :-). it will be possible to stay for “free” by exchanging knowlegde and collaborate together too.

I will open a little “trattoria” where guests will be ablo to eat what we will grow directly from the garden and learn the process of making food from A to Z.

i am helping my friend that produces hemp and soon I will plant bamboo trees for sustainable timber too.

I am working on this project since 3 years and would love to help you out if you need off-grid ideas.

Talking and understanding “Permaculture” is the future too, so very happy PP-people are talking about it.

http://ecovillaggi.it/ this is the italian network for Ecovillages…they are spreading!!!!

Just keep in mind that, depending where you find the place, you will have to deal with local permitts and laws regarding building etc. (but for sure you all this already).

Soon I will start also a little PP lab (in a secoond hand/old school bus  that I just bought) where i will experiment first to try and do:

– irrigation systems for agriculture, tools etc.

– musical objects and much more.

– climbing grips.

I am collaborating with one of my friends which is organizing a bar-tender world cup for eco friendly ways to bartend by trying to minimize waste. Such as straws etc (love the no-straw policy you made in the past).

So if you need anything do not hesitate to contact me…

I will be looking to find a spot for you all in this future months.

FOR our community:
I have some friends which are working with me but we will need also a hand to make sure all this projects will be done. So feel free to contact me if you are interested on any of this projects just let me know.

big up to everyone!

Giordano

email: [email protected]

Attachments:
starter
30/07/2018 at 18:05

My family owns a 5 hectares land in the Philippines it is located on Sampatulog, Alubijid, Misamis Oriental a 32 minutes travel from Laguindingan International Airport a few blocks about 200-300 meters is a river you can use as a water source. Whats the good thing about this place are people whose very hospitable and fun to be with. I hope this help 🙂

starter
27/07/2018 at 10:07

Hi Dave,
I live in Ungersheim (Northeast of France) a little village in ecological transition, which has had some echoes in french medias. Some of the electricity comes from photovoltaic panels, the school bus is a carriage pulled by a horse, canteen food comes from the fields of Ungersheim, etc.. And all of these actions come from the mayor of Ungersheim : Jean-Claude Mensch. He is a very committed person who put all his ecological thought in the village. So, in my mind you have common points with him, and if your project seduces him I think he could find you a nice piece of land for a low price, or more I don’t know.
In any case, there are fields, forests and rivers.
It is 35 minutes from the airport Basel-Mulhouse.
You can check me for more info !
Robin, 23

Attachments:
starter
17/07/2018 at 22:22

this is the greatest idea yet from Dave, keep sharing within the forum everyone this is a powerful project!

TOGETHER WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL 🙂

Attachments:
starter
24/06/2018 at 06:34

The Salton Sea in Imperial valley, California would make a great remediation project location.  Granted it is in the United States and might not fully meet some of the criteria but I urge you to at least consider it.  I think it needs the most help and attention because of how important this lake is.  Plenty of cheap desert land!  Go big or go home.  Whatcha’ think Dave?

Attachments:
p3p
starter
03/06/2018 at 05:06

Sneak peek time lapse  of a visit to the farm in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmyEvzgu7Nk&t=1s

Really thinking on this project, is there anything going on in the background?!

I wa reading about migrating regulations in Argentina and its sorprisingly easy when there is an “official” reason such as working, developing projects, home basing, etc… We have a really loose constitution in the sense of migrating burocracy.

Anyways, still interested to jump to wherever this could happen. I can recomend a few already runing places that we could add up on. If that is of interest in the comunity.

dedicated
27/05/2018 at 15:50

This is not the same but it could work well…

Hundreds of houses for sale at 1 euro in Italy

new
21/05/2018 at 10:55

Hey Dave, is there any size requirement as a minimum ?

new
20/05/2018 at 17:18

Back again! I will introduce myself in a more appropriate way later. I always have been following all the projects ever since the idea of the phone block. Love the Precious Plastic initiative so much as well. So, this YouTuber went through the same adventure and might give some good advice on how to get a piece of land for cheap that is actually worthed: Here .

new
23/01/2020 at 15:08

Hello there!

I am a big fan of precious plastic. Your work is awesome!

I and a friend are currently working on trying to implement plastic recycling in our community by developing some projects.

Speaking with the mayor of our hometown (Béjar, Salamanca, Spain), I told her about Precious Plastic initiatives and she fell in love with the projects, especially with Project Kamp.

Béjar is a lovely place. It is situated in the centre of the Iberian Peninsula. It is rounded of nature, mountains, rivers… there’s an engineering faculty and even there’s a sky station! Please, feel free of searching for this great place in following links and in the website:

– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EpQVEbcTiI
– https://www.spain.info/en/que-quieres/ciudades-pueblos/otros-destinos/bejar.html

The thing is that the Mayor thinks that she can help Plecious Plastic to find a place near Béjar, in the middle of nature and maybe it would be possible to transfer land from the city.

If you are interested, please let me know and we can speak more directly.

Best regards and congratulations for your job!
Jorge

Attachments:
new
04/01/2020 at 03:53

Not sure how this is all going, but sticking to the euro price tag of 80K, Ima throw BC Canada in the spotlight.

https://www.landquest.com/buy/browse-by-price

Lots of issues with BC, but the more remote you get, a conversation with regional districts become slightly more flexible (just not with safety related issues). The more remote you get, while theoretically the easier it is to do as you want, you should also have survival skillsets. BC offers a wide range of climates and ecosystems, and a lot of variances on amount of available land that shouldnt face too many issues from a foreign buyer perspective. Immigration / work visas for most countrys should be favorable. Note everything’s close to an airport (international anyway) and passenger trains are kinda non existent (some exist but longer haul oriented).

starter
18/12/2019 at 19:45

Hello @davehakkens , did you found a piece of land now?

I like your Kamp idea, maybe i will do something similar .

starter
03/09/2019 at 15:36

hey Dave, we have a wonderful piece of land with gym swimming pool, library, fully equipped sports club with tennis and badminton courts.

The land is around a river and close to the plastic hub of India.

I will be willing to give away this land for free to you for your noble cause.
It is located 2 hours from Mumbai, India.
We our into plastic recycling and would be happy to help you!
Let me know!

starter
28/08/2019 at 08:49

Hi David,

I’m late to the party as I’ve had my head buried in trying to do this myself with https://artisia.io and https://jaiyenresort.com

I’m not sure where you’re at with the project, but I’m positive if we were to connect, we could combine resources and make some great progress together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C03NKxbHwE

Let’s connect!

With gratitude,

Kevin Mendoza

+61416180703 (Sydney)

+66997512067 (Thailand)

[email protected]

Attachments:
new
18/08/2019 at 01:21

Hola @acoira.
I am from Caldas da Rainha.
I am looking all over, now in the internet, I am waiting for some friends to do a road trip and talk directly with people. I know the area you were is the cheapest.

Do you have a private email?
I would love to know more about the process and what you want! what you asked to do in the land (if it is more than building and agriculture)
abraço 😉

helper
17/08/2019 at 12:12

Hello @filipamms!

The actual land situation is mainly described on the monthly news

Where are you from? Where are you looking for a land?

Actually we are waiting for some boring stuff like municipality replies about some lands, but mainly the one which is on the video, for knowing if we are going to be able to do what we want. Still with the eyes open if another oportunity appears but focused there

Abraço! 🙂

starter
15/07/2019 at 22:24

hi, good idea! I have a similar project. Life Union Project Camp. I would like to contact you in the future and make joint works. I couldn’t start to work because of some problems in our country. Trying to find space for camping project. See you next time…

new
28/06/2019 at 10:36

Hi Guys, I live in Armenia and I think that you can find everything you are looking for here.we have a small country, people are very gastropymic and friendly, there is little seizure, there are low land plots, there is little money for chewing panadbits.what you have in mind can be implemented here easily.

starter
18/05/2019 at 13:49

@robb, yeah well; young people do what young people do best, messing around with everything; it takes a good portion of experience to fully understand what opensource really means, even after 30 years behind the screen I am still buffed about the interpretations one can come up with 🙂 good news is that the team in eindhoven has now more manpower but there’s more overall success from within in the community as well; i am in good faith that we’re getting there to something called status-quo; even though if I’d had to go there myself to remind them to periodically upload public funded research back to the community; lol; me sneaking through window and ‘stealing’ the v4 drawings just to get them where it belongs : github or whatever 😉

starter
14/05/2019 at 14:36

@davehakkens, ‘stop typing, start contributing’ is the biggest slap in our face ever,  the height of this insult you just left here can be only beaten by the tools you gave us, sorry. you should shake your head in shame and apologize !!!
you want me to write down what the community already did and paid for you ? you want me to write down the health impacts we pay to fix your machines ?

starter
14/05/2019 at 13:42

to me it’s actually simple after figuring out the demand, interest and also hype about the precious plastic machines. it’s clear to me that we have to push harder the limits, much harder, it’s not done with a bigger shredder, period. It’s also clear to me that project kamp should not try to reinvent the wheel; I’ve seen many such projects, in many countries and only a few managed to make first things first right : have a decent living and ‘safe’ future. that means you need a hand craft in place which pays the bills (PP). From there you can archive all the neat things you think you can make better : circular economy, kilometer zero, name it …

it’s also obvious that you can’t just do a project here and there, it pays much better out to really focus on a subject for long, if you do things good, money comes by self. for instance we realized now there is no other way for us than getting a huge place (done) and put everything on PP and serve the local and global community with good machines and solutions which may create revenue (PET printers/grinders, print houses,…name it).

it makes zero sense to life on the minimum life quality edge and tackle such problems, sorry; it’s just insane, if you can’t take care about yourself, you certainly can’t take of others.

it may help to try understanding, that project kamp presents a good opportunity to run PP, the new way. micro manufacturing is the way to go. of course you can’t do that with a few solar panels 🙂

having that said, it should be clear that building this on bazaar fees, patreon and donations is plain and simple wrong; not sustainable. eating your own dogfood helps also increase the success of the project, it’s done that way since ages, in many industries and projects.

14/05/2019 at 12:12

Well a job at Starbucks will in fact most likely lower your carbon footprint quite significantly. You wont be able to afford a car or a van so you can travel by bike. You wont have to move to Portugal and build an entire house because there are plenty of vacant properties in and around Eindhoven. Also travelling abroad will be less do-able because it basically will be to expensive on a minimum wage salary. That will lower some of your carbon footprint. You wont have to buy and build machines which will spare a lot of resources and energy. You wont have to use all that energy to melt down those plastics releasing those vapors into the air. No shipping costs either. Also the Starbucks minimum wage salary will facilitate a more minimalist way of living. Correct me if I’m wrong but lowering your carbon footprint is the goal right?

Wouldn’t be much to make videos about though.

starter
01/05/2019 at 23:27

@davehakkens, is there a particular reason to make this in Portugal, or better said in this kind of desert ? From what I learned here with the local projects in Catalonia, people seek first for places near fresh water supply (drinkable), all year around, near mountains, etc… also building on existing foundations. In Galica (bloody spain) you can buy an entire village for below 100K, lots of rain but insane beautiful and fruitful, so you save most of your (left) money and rebuild walls, windows, etc… just. I have been myself watching out for communities and many seem to suffer a lot from having no wells, good soil,… just saying, you can skip the tedious part like building from scratch (still 20 – 100K per plot).
good luck anyways 🙂

starter
29/04/2019 at 09:01

David I am already working on the polythene myself before I heard about you. I have a place and I have the knowledge. I am a mechanical engineer student and from last year I have devoted myself to clean up the Polythene and plastic waste and put them in reuse.

You can help me with it. I am gonna start the work from last week of May.

I am from India and I am gonna start work in Agra district.

starter
11/02/2019 at 21:09

Hi,
I think it’s not that much about open-source at all. What matters is functionality for a good price and if such commercial offer doesn’t work out or is too much of a liability for the project, then yes: there are always plenty of open-source/free software alternatives.

What I recommend is to pick any of the free offers to setup the basics: communication, trade and administration, of course with full transparency and democracy in mind otherwise you will find yourself exactly in the same scheme you’re trying (or as here: pretend) to be ahead from: a monolithic and hierarchic structure where the over-performing losers get promoted to the middle or upper management and can make key decisions fully out of their competence, exactly what we see now with DH and his companion Mattia and a few others, building more a brand, filling their pockets for some goofy made up reasons and better, surround them with enough clueless fanboys (see also the same article)  than a real p2p network with some basic tools.

And I fully agree with the rest of your post, with the right network software (and there is plenty out there) you could enable p2p exchange of parts, work, plastic and what not. Instead we just got a dull, inefficient replicate of capitalism: buy buy these overprice **** machines, make a product, and sell it on our platform , making us rich with nothing in return. This should be banned altogether.

Needless to say, but there is a reason why we have now the yellow vests, the Catalonia vs Spain problem, etc.. and it’s coming all down to same problem : nobody wants some fully unsuited freaks doing important decisions for them.

And yes, technically there is enough man power in the PP community to pull this off. Pick a ticket from some task/kanban system, get paid in $$ or some new plastic currency, setup some assemblies, delegate the work to who want and everybody will be fine. This works even for quite some people around me already since years, btw. They get a hair-dress and help some else to change place.

Unfortunately with guys like DH we won’t see such things, we gonna see an even more narrow and fancy view of some designer who doesn’t know even the basics. A designer wants the interface always fancy and cute…

I don’t know what to tell more about this, I am pretty tired of all this. I just hope this kids in PP HQ wake up and realize what’s at stake here. The waste and lies should stop ASAP! that would be already a good start.

starter
30/01/2019 at 02:58

Hey Precious Plastic Team! My name’s Dylan, and I am an almost graduating high school student from the U.S. I have been planning on doing a gap year starting after this summer where I’m traveling across the country searching through eco-villages, non-profits, and WOOF host farms in search of a plot of land for a community construction idea that I call “The Community Shift”… and it, to me, sounds almost EXACTLY like Project Kamp! I’d love to put our ideas together and make both our plans realities. If you guys wanna exchange info I think I might be able to find a suitable plot of land for it, and then we can get the project started! I even might be able to get some funding from the college I am applying to or some of the non-profits I’ve been contacting

new
19/12/2018 at 21:23

I have faund my place in Kazakhstan

lu
helper
19/12/2018 at 04:06

Hey Adrián,
I live in Lisbon but have family in the Castelo Branco area. The BoomFestival location is neighbour to my grandfather’s plot (sold in the 80’s to a ‘crazy’ german guy who still lives there 🙂 )
I’m familiar with PreciousPlastics-related activities and people in Portugal (although I haven’t visited the PreciousPlasticsPortugal group in the OPOLab in Porto).
Sending you a direct msg!,
Luísa 🙂

Viewing 30 replies - 121 through 150 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪