We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Step #2 – Finding a piece of land

• This topic has 235 replies, 135 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Marius.
Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Step #2 – Finding a piece of land

20/05/2018 at 15:07

Hey!

Before we go in details about a piece of land, make sure to watch the step #1 video on projectkamp.com and read this post here.

This topic is to discuss options to find a piece of land, i’m sure there are many places available but hard to find them all from a laptop in the Netherlands. This this topic is to share ideas, sites, listings, pictures of land that is available. You might even have a friend that has a piece available.

Specially in early stage we are quite easy, never bought a piece of land so would like to explore options. A few (flexible) guidelines though.
– Netherlands would be cool, otherwise or Europe.
– Close to an airport or train station (max 1,5 hour)
– Enough surrounding green land around it.
– River in it would be sick! Otherwise we will digg a lake 😀
– Possible to live there with multiple people
– Max €80K, i guess…

Hopefully you guys are able to help out! The person that finds the land gets its own statue with name on the land. Eternal Project Kamp fame ✌️

Attachments:
235 replies
89 subscribers
28 saved
47 likes
sort on most likes
helper
24/07/2019 at 12:32

Hello @dicci
I have already replied about this topic of old abandoned villages. As I am from Galicia and I am totally involved on finding a piece of land for this project, I have already check them. I have found some many problems and why these abandoned villages don´t fit with us. One is the budget, these villages are increasing the price and nowadays are totally out of our budget, also the size of the lands (as almost all the land at Galicia) is not enough at all for a project like Project Kamp.
I totally agree with some of the good points of starting from a village like that, enviromental and social advantages, also for the local people who is already at that areas. But the downside of that is also the replicability, which is one of the main goals for project kamp.

Anyway thank you for the info and the support! 🙂

helper
25/07/2019 at 12:24

Hi people!

We have just arrived from our last trip to Portugal and I will update you on how is the situation nowadays.

This last month was focused on visiting more potential lands, having some meetings with the municipalities involved, and also get more proper information about our actual main goal land.

For this, we have got the help of some really nice people based in Portugal!

I will tell you a bit about this land.

We call it “Treasure Stone” because there is a big rock on the land under where the local people say that there is a treasure (maybe we could find it!)

It is a big land of 9.5 hectares located in the center of Portugal. It is mainly a big field of agricultural land, a couple of ruins (where we could start our workspace), an old forest (which was burnt during the fires on October 2017) and this magical rocks.

This are the steps we have done so far:

We have checked the PDM (Plano Direitor Municipal) to know which kind of land it is, and what is possible to do or build on it. This document (at least in Portugal) is made by the local authorities to organize their territory, which means that they write down where they are planning to have a forest, buildings, agricultural lands, roads, rivers, protected areas, etc. After checking this document we could see that on that land we have found an agricultural reserve, some buildable areas, and forest. Within these areas also found some protected areas where we couldn´t build anything, but where we could plant some trees!

After that, we have visited the land with a building expert. With him, we have checked the condition of the “buildings” on the spot. The verdict was that the buildings are in a bad condition, but as we like challenges and work, was not such bad news! We will check out for this issue new techniques about recycling and reusing building materials, something that sounds fun! We also were checking with a nice local biodynamic farmer the agricultural land and the possibilities, the land nowadays is in a bad condition, but with some work and the proper techniques will be possible to recover it.

After these visits, we went to the municipality to check their vibes about our project. We would like to involve the local community in our plans. Because we thought that is not a point to arrive at a place as foreigners to do whatever we want without involving the local community on it and without thinking on their local problems too. That´s why we first talk with local farmers and people and then the local government. Also, we will need from them some licenses which maybe they are not used to due to our aim to research new techniques and ways to live, so it is important for us to have a good relationship with this authorities from the beginning.

Big up for Samuel from Critical Concrete, Sarah and Nuno from Quinta da Fontanheira, architects from Oficina Parto at Lisbon and João Leão @preciousplasticportugal from VivaLab

Attachments:
new
04/08/2019 at 11:23

Hello Project Kamp,

I´m Portuguese , and my Welcome gift ( iff you buy the land )  is a metal frame for a tunnel green house,  iff it suits the project , it´s your´s.  10 m wide, 15 to 20 m long, and 4 m tall.

Iff you need assistance, txt me.

new
17/08/2019 at 03:03

hey  @davehakkens, @acoira and team! How is the land situation? I am Filipa, portuguese and I am looking for land as well, quite in the same situation has you. Anything I can help let me know!
HUgs! by the way great job! and welcome to portugal 🙂

helper
17/08/2019 at 12:12

Hello @filipamms!

The actual land situation is mainly described on the monthly news

Where are you from? Where are you looking for a land?

Actually we are waiting for some boring stuff like municipality replies about some lands, but mainly the one which is on the video, for knowing if we are going to be able to do what we want. Still with the eyes open if another oportunity appears but focused there

Abraço! 🙂

new
17/08/2019 at 15:25

Hello
2 families here in Volos (central greece) has the same dream . it is difficult to find lake or river in greece but all the other criteria is ok.  i will start searching for a land. if i find something of your liking in the area as a bonus you will have a super workshop for your projects.
The prices begins from something less than 1Euro/m2. with 2 to 4 euro/m2 you can find something not too far from the city. most of the land is with olive trees. very little areas are bigger than 30.000m2. For myself i am searching something near the city . in the link you can have an idea about what is for sale
https://www.spitogatos.gr/search/results/land/sale/r182/m3798m113053m113061m113064m113068m113075m113076m113078m113080m/price_nd-150000/livingArea_7500-nd/view_map

new
18/08/2019 at 01:21

Hola @acoira.
I am from Caldas da Rainha.
I am looking all over, now in the internet, I am waiting for some friends to do a road trip and talk directly with people. I know the area you were is the cheapest.

Do you have a private email?
I would love to know more about the process and what you want! what you asked to do in the land (if it is more than building and agriculture)
abraço 😉

helper
19/08/2019 at 15:03

Hi!

We will share proper documentation about proccess and how to get a piece of land,  mainly our way to do it. We are still with the proccess but as soon as we think we have clear and right information to share we will do it

starter
28/08/2019 at 08:49

Hi David,

I’m late to the party as I’ve had my head buried in trying to do this myself with https://artisia.io and https://jaiyenresort.com

I’m not sure where you’re at with the project, but I’m positive if we were to connect, we could combine resources and make some great progress together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C03NKxbHwE

Let’s connect!

With gratitude,

Kevin Mendoza

+61416180703 (Sydney)

+66997512067 (Thailand)

[email protected]

Attachments:
starter
03/09/2019 at 15:36

hey Dave, we have a wonderful piece of land with gym swimming pool, library, fully equipped sports club with tennis and badminton courts.

The land is around a river and close to the plastic hub of India.

I will be willing to give away this land for free to you for your noble cause.
It is located 2 hours from Mumbai, India.
We our into plastic recycling and would be happy to help you!
Let me know!

starter
14/09/2019 at 20:50

In Russia, plots are distributed free of charge.
True, one must be a Russian or a Russian must submit an application.
Read here: https://tass.ru/v-strane/3988667
and here https: //xn--80aaggvgieoeoa2bo7l.xn--p1ai/
If this does not fit, then there is good land near us.
It is neither hot nor cold. Russia is an ideal place.
Here is the land that is for sale: https://realty.yandex.ru/dubna/kupit/uchastok/karta/?leftLongitude=37.182028&topLatitude=56.830804&rightLongitude=37.283823&bottomLatitude=56.797522
Here is a plot for 130,000 rubles (approximately 1793 euros) https://realty.yandex.ru/offer/6146710154798561025/
And here is a site by the river https://realty.yandex.ru/offer/4338530322567065601/ (270 000 ₽ – this is about 3724 Euro)
There is even better and more beautiful https://realty.yandex.ru/offer/7568655134463627331/ (but also more expensive).
Write.

Attachments:
starter
09/10/2019 at 10:26

My family and I have a little spot in Colorado that we plan on doing an off grid farm.

Attachments:
starter
22/10/2019 at 00:22

WOW. I just spent the day looking up all the prossibilities on this post. I gotta write my own but Ill keep on looking as I didnt finished.

Maybe we can turn thin into a network where all of us who has an land can stay for 3/4 months in each land and help develope projects then we move to the next land. would take a while but I’de be up for it. the harder it is the more im interested.

Well, I have an option too.

Its in the north of Brazil in the Amazon region, in an Island called Mosqueiro close to Belem where you can take flights from/to USA and several destinations in Europe.

This island was popular around the 60’s and 70’when we had the rubber period in Brazil, later its start dying out and now only local weekend tourist go there and leave all their trash. Its a hard one to work on.

I want to make all the garbage in the island being processed in the land and find ways to regain the value of the trash into the community around.

The land is still 100% original forest and the brazilian forest law allos owners to use only 20% of the land and protect 80%. from the protected area you can also collect fruits and seeds for making new samples of original background which can be sold to other owners who need to reforestate their land.

Th alnd has 50.000 square metters and it shapes like the Central Park in NYC. the dimentions of the lend are 100 meters by 500meters and there are over 100 direct neibors who I want to include and be the one with the biggest benefits from any projects going on there.

The are lack on everything and the neibors through their garbage in the land already or in other locations but there’s no colletion and the word recycling is really not yet known there, also sewage goe to tanks and potable water comes from individual wells. sanitation, education, infrastructure are also problem exixting there.

Im comming up with and starting idea of a vegetable garden which people can bring their soted garbage and exchange for vegetable. 1 kilo of garbage = 1 kilo of food but for the moment we are just setting the garden in a area that had a small fire some years ago as the garbage inthe land got caught on fire so there an opening in the land of about 10 meter by 10 meters. you can see on the picture with the tree hight

Attachments:
starter
05/11/2019 at 23:13

There are EU-subsidies (EAFRD, EFRO,..) for sustainable projects that provide grants up to 85% of the total project costs, incluiding the construction of a building. I’m currently working on a proposal for an off-grid eco-B&B in the south of Spain with the help of these funding mechanisms.

Also, after having built several windturbines, I am developing an open-source 3D-printable windturbine based on http://www.reprap-windturbine.com/ and https://www.otherpower.com/7footwindturbine.html.

I also build my own 4G-antennas (biquad, yagi,..).

Let me know if you can use my help with funding, DIY renewable energy or the 4G-interwebs @acoira @davehakkens.

starter
18/12/2019 at 19:45

Hello @davehakkens , did you found a piece of land now?

I like your Kamp idea, maybe i will do something similar .

helper
23/12/2019 at 20:56

Seasteading is a Great idea. https://www.seasteading.org/

Yet I would look to getting into International waters to have or create True Freedom and become the Plastic Nation.  Floating islands can be made with GHDPE Composit Structure and Graphaircrete for the Floating Modular Block

new
04/01/2020 at 03:53

Not sure how this is all going, but sticking to the euro price tag of 80K, Ima throw BC Canada in the spotlight.

https://www.landquest.com/buy/browse-by-price

Lots of issues with BC, but the more remote you get, a conversation with regional districts become slightly more flexible (just not with safety related issues). The more remote you get, while theoretically the easier it is to do as you want, you should also have survival skillsets. BC offers a wide range of climates and ecosystems, and a lot of variances on amount of available land that shouldnt face too many issues from a foreign buyer perspective. Immigration / work visas for most countrys should be favorable. Note everything’s close to an airport (international anyway) and passenger trains are kinda non existent (some exist but longer haul oriented).

starter
08/01/2020 at 15:00

@davehakkens I hoped to receive some news with the v4 launch about Project Kamp. How are you guys doing?

warrior
09/01/2020 at 13:00

Yeh we ended up being a bit busy with Version 4. Took a lot of our time. Project Kamp will get some solid updates in 2020. 🙂

starter
14/01/2020 at 18:13

Hi there,

I have this piece of land, it’s in here
I am not sure of size and availability, I can get that info if you’re interested.
#preciousloveplastic

Attachments:
starter
14/01/2020 at 20:28

Is there anyone in the UK, especially the North West who is interested in something similar? There is a group of people looking to create a co-housing community with sustainability in mind. Everyone having their own space but having communal gardens, collaboratively living a low impact lifestyle including renewable electricity and heating.

starter
23/01/2020 at 14:35

Hi Everybody

I already have an old warehouse. It was a cinema, settle in the countryside, in the southeast of Spain. It is really big and it is in disuse. Now we use it to keep the olives trees tools.

new
23/01/2020 at 15:08

Hello there!

I am a big fan of precious plastic. Your work is awesome!

I and a friend are currently working on trying to implement plastic recycling in our community by developing some projects.

Speaking with the mayor of our hometown (Béjar, Salamanca, Spain), I told her about Precious Plastic initiatives and she fell in love with the projects, especially with Project Kamp.

Béjar is a lovely place. It is situated in the centre of the Iberian Peninsula. It is rounded of nature, mountains, rivers… there’s an engineering faculty and even there’s a sky station! Please, feel free of searching for this great place in following links and in the website:

– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EpQVEbcTiI
– https://www.spain.info/en/que-quieres/ciudades-pueblos/otros-destinos/bejar.html

The thing is that the Mayor thinks that she can help Plecious Plastic to find a place near Béjar, in the middle of nature and maybe it would be possible to transfer land from the city.

If you are interested, please let me know and we can speak more directly.

Best regards and congratulations for your job!
Jorge

Attachments:
starter
26/01/2020 at 21:07

Hello Dave, hello everyone. In Russia there is a program “Far Eastern hectare”. Created for the development of the Far East. Land is given for long-term rent free of charge, subject to investment in infrastructure. I understand that this is not the most convenient location in terms of international logistics, but as an option …

starter
22/03/2020 at 20:31

So similar to ZAD in France or kinda like Krameterhof in Austria?

I am pretty interested in such a project! =)

Viewing 25 replies - 211 through 235 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪