We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Styrofoam activate carbon

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Sergio Forcen 10 months ago.

Riley J rjjarz08

Styrofoam activate carbon

25/05/2018 at 03:32

Sustainably clean water sourcing could be one road block. This made me think of a Ted talk about how a team took Polystyrene (a thermos Plastic) not commonly sought after and made activated carbon used for filtering watering into clean drinking water.

6 replies
3 subscribers
1 saved
1 likes
sort on date
new
10/09/2018 at 10:17

Hi! We are developing a project to transform paper residues from the paper factories into activated carbon near Barcelona. It is used not only for filtering drinking water but also it is used to clean exhaust/toxic fumes and dirty water.
Sergio

warrior
25/05/2018 at 20:07

Sounds like a great idea, but I wonder if plastic particles won’t make their way into the filtered water.

More info:

starter
16/07/2018 at 19:53

HI! Anyone with the procedures of making building blocks from the Styrofoam. My trial are not giving any good results

starter
10/07/2018 at 18:13

Just like the currently accepted recycling method, It is too energy intensive due to shipping, melting, shipping, melting /reforming, and shipping.  All for a cheap picture frame in the current method.

Enstyro Inc. was founded to solve the EPS problem and the solution is quite simple.  Recycle local EPS into local concrete.  Both exist almost everywhere and there are many benefits from many densities and uses of concrete.

EPS has amazing properties that we have simply failed to appreciate.  The low density requires local solutions so the big money has neglected it.  Visit http://www.enstyro.com and change the Styrofoam problem in your location.

helper
05/06/2018 at 18:24

Sound good but i have the same question maybe the chemicals can contaminate the water or maybe not, this can solve died a study to the water

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.