We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Temperature controller

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Artak 1 week ago.

Artak artak

Temperature controller

14/05/2019 at 22:14

Hello everyone! My name is Artak and I want to start doing something helpful:)
I’m very bad at electronics, though I’ve managed to make the electronics for my first injection machine. However, I have some difficulties.
I took Rex-c100 temp. controller and connected it to the system, but I do not know what to to to fix the PV line. I’ve tried to look it up, but actually I still donot know what to do…

Attachments:
8 replies
1 subscribers
1 saved
1 likes
sort on date

In reply to: Temperature controller

dedicated
15/05/2019 at 19:53

You don’t need to find another one, you need to find one which is specified for your PID. Which is a K-Type, btw.

dedicated
15/05/2019 at 17:20

Is that really a thermocouple probe? It almost looks like a thermistor. Also, it looks like a waterproof configuration but not high temperature. That insulation may not survive 200C

dedicated
15/05/2019 at 15:35

First thing, the green/yellow earth-cable which comes out of the plug is not connected to earth? Try to keep consistency in color codes. If its the phase take a brown or black or even red, but NOT green/yellow.
Next, everything seems to be hooked up the way it should be. Except maybe the thermocouple. Try to swap the yellow and red cable.
And what exactly do you mean with “And I don’t actually know if the temp measure is suitable.” ?

dedicated
14/05/2019 at 22:36

How is your thermocouple hooked up? take a picture of the connections on the back.

starter
15/05/2019 at 20:10

Thank you.
I hope it’ll help:)

starter
15/05/2019 at 17:57

Okay than…So you think that it’s the only problem? I’ll try to find another one:)
thank you

starter
15/05/2019 at 16:14

No, it’s not connected to earth, but I’ll take into account your advice and will change the wire 🙂
As I understand, everything is working in a proper way, except thermocouple.
And talking about the “suitable” thermocouple, I’ve read about different types of thermocouples (like K type, T type and so on), and I don’t know weather it makes sense or not.
So, I think that the problem is in the thermocouple, though I admit that I can be wrong 🙁

starter
15/05/2019 at 10:17

I’ve done a bit different from the  precious plastic schematics (you can see on the picture). And I don’t actually know if the temp measure is suitable.
It’ll be great if you find out the problem:)

Attachments:
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.