We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Temperature controllers error

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Stan.
Pele Kreft Rodrigues pele-kr

Temperature controllers error

07/06/2020 at 17:19

So I just built the injection machine, but my temperature controllers are giving an error message, as you can see in the added pictures. In the manual it says: “input the disconnection polarity reversed or exceeds the input range”. I tried switching the polarities but that didn’t help. These are berm rex-c 100 temp. controllers. If anyone knows what I have to do please tell me. Or if anyone in the netherlands wants to stop by to have a look, message me!!

I put a picture of the error message at the end.

Attachments:
5 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
08/06/2020 at 02:29

Did you buy the temperature sensors with the temperature controllers as a kit? Does the temperature controller part number call out the type of sensor you are using? Take a picture of the sensors, the part number and your connection. Something is not matching up. If you are using thermocouples, are the tips undamaged?

Hopefully, since both are doing it, it should be easier to find the cause.
Good luck

starter
08/06/2020 at 13:18

Okay so I bought separate temperature sensors, but the controllers also came with sensors themselves so I switched them but I got the same result… Error… I added a picture of the paper that came with the sensors, I don’t know what it says but I know that they’re from te same brand.
Also a picture of the sensors I have, the ones with the bolts on them are the original 2 that came with the controllers

Attachments:
warrior
08/06/2020 at 19:45

Just to confirm, When you use the screw type temperature sensors (type K thermocouples) that came with the controller, you have them attached blue to 9 (-) and red to 10 (+). Also your controller model number has a K after the F, indicating it is for type K thermocouples. I can’t tell what your other temperature sensors are but if they are resistor type, they won’t work.

Attachments:
starter
08/06/2020 at 21:06

It’s fixed!!! I think.
So in the precious plastic lay out scheme the temperature sensors are hooked up to the controllers the other way around, so blue goes to 10 and red goes to 9. But switching it seemed to do the trick, tomorrow I will fully test it, thanks 🙂

warrior
08/06/2020 at 21:22

The PP approach to mounting the TC to the tube may not be the most reliable. Take a look at my suggestion (April 21 post) in this thread and see if it makes sense.
http://onearmy.world/community/forums/topic/injection-machine-help-on-electronics/
Good luck

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪