We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

The big ELECTRONICS topic

This topic contains 62 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Ole Martin 2 months ago.

Jerry de Vos jerzeek

The big ELECTRONICS topic

15/07/2017 at 22:15

Hi Guys,

I’ve been around now for a couple of months and I see a lot of the same questions related to electronics.
In this topic I would like to answer some of these questions.
In general its not complicated to assemble the electronics, just always be careful and don’t to stupid things 😊

The awnsers to the following questions will be in the replys down
– How much energy do the machines consume?
– Schematics for all the machines
– What parts do you need, and where do you buy them
– Tips and tricks
– decapping thermocouple
– PID
– wago connectors
– electronics of others

feel free to ask questions or suggestions for things i forgot 🙂

62 replies
16 subscribers
14 saved
10 likes
sort on date
new
10/05/2018 at 22:07

Hi there fellow recyclers!

First of all, thank You for this forum topic, it helped me a lot to understand the electrical working of the machines.

There are some gray areas left though, and I hope somebody can help me with this question.
Jerzeek posted the schematics (with reverse function) on this thread, and it is clear, but what I need help with is the motor protection.

Here I have two questions:

1. The contactors he recommended are good, but it would be even better if there would be the interlocking mechanism (which prevents the contactors to be on at the same time), and the overload protection unit posted as well here on the forum.

Question 1: Can somebody recommend me a contactor with interlock and overload protection for a 1,5 kW motor (3,6 Ampere at 400 Volts)?

Preferably with links to a site where i can order them, or at least a product number.

2. Besides the contactors and their overload and interlocking unit, do I need any other type/kind of motor protection? If yes, could someone recommend a model/link to the item?

Thank You in advance and hope to get some answers and wash the grey cloud to white 🙂

new
19/04/2018 at 20:34

hello,

so i have ordered all PID (sensor and SSR), button switch and band heater but do i need specific power supply unit? the diagram is unclear at the Vsource area. so my question is, do i need a specific power supply? If yes, what type of power supply i need to use? can u use PC power supply which got 1000watt? If this type of power source can be use how to assign the cables for all the electronics?

Viewing 2 replies - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪