We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Too much stuff

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  aris 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Too much stuff

03/12/2015 at 15:51

This is something i’ve been wanting to do for a while; getting rid of the useless stuff in my life. For some reason I just keep carrying these boxes of junk with me to wherever I live. There is no value in keeping it, it’s just stuff. It takes space in my boxes, closet, room, house. I got rid of it. And I never want to do this again, so I made a piece of paper to help me out. Print one out yourself and make sure to post a picture of it here!
[Download the paper package]

10 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
2 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Too much stuff

helper
04/12/2015 at 12:05

I’ve been wanting to do this for at least 10 years. Just clean up my life. I always thought I would try and sell the stuff I did not need.
Selling, giving away… are there other ways? Community, help us out here!

helper
06/12/2015 at 13:54

What about another option in the “Guide to buy something”: Could you manufacture it using other stuff you’re gonna throw away?

Nice video! I need to do the same soon or people would start thinking I have the Diogenes syndrome…

helper
06/12/2015 at 14:08

That’s a good idea, tried to make it!
@davehakkens that also needs to be on the v.1.1.
Anyone else has something the’d like to change/add to the guide to buy?
(We’ve already seen the infinite loop from ||:borrow/rent->no->still need->no-:||)

warrior
07/12/2015 at 01:04

We could add those steps, also second hand would be a good other option to add before buying.
haha good luck with the stuff, it’s a relief! 🙂

new
12/04/2016 at 16:58

In Denmark there is a new trend rising, it’s called swap markets. you go with a bag or truck full of stuff and, and take maybe some new valuable stuff with you home or a good gift.

warrior
12/04/2016 at 18:35

that makes so much sense!

new
13/04/2016 at 14:17

yes and actual it’s nordic swap day on saturday, which includes 185 different markets in denmark, norway and sweeden!

new
02/09/2017 at 19:06

Swap shops! or trade your stuff for I Owe You’s or for services

starter
18/10/2017 at 01:29

Nice @davehakkens
I also do this and currently trying to live Zero Waste.
There is also something call repair cafe, so I fixed my broken stuff instead of buying a new one. Life is much more easier with less stuff 😀
Meanwhile, I am also trying to set up your machine in a small Island in Indonesia.

starter
27/10/2017 at 19:02

I found this video as a very good starter to rethink about this consuming world. However, as we don’t only buy things, in my way of living, it is much more valueable to listen to music using old CDs, CD players or even LPs (you can touch every music you choose), rather than click on a playlist of youtube.

Just a minor comment on the stuff someone don’t need ..!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.