Toxicity after cooling?
I’m in the process of building a shredder, but before I get much further I would like to understand what safety considerations I should undertake for handling PET HDPE and PP after melting and cooling has completed.
I’ve found many articles explaining precautions about the fumes but nothing about whether toxic compounds can be transferred on contact with the materials after they have settled into their new forms. Is this because it isn’t a concern?
Thanks for helping me out with this question!
I don’t have an answer for you, but I personally would not make anything meant to hold food. I also don’t use plastic that originally held toxins. In between those two I take some comfort that plastics do get recycled by industry into usable objects. But, there is no guarantee.
Thanks for posting Stan! Yea no plans for contact with food, just in terms of handling I’d like to know if these materials are going to require gloves.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.