We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

[Precious Plastic] Translating our content

Tagged: 

This topic contains 88 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  Flo 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

[Precious Plastic] Translating our content

20/04/2016 at 16:03

Hello dear members!

This topic is for everyone that wants to help us out translating our content. (download kit/videos/website) We love that! But to be honest we haven’t find a proper way to do this yet and haven’t really got the time to get involved. So this topic is to bring everyone together, maybe some of you have some great ideas or want to get started on something.
In the end the more languages we have the more people it reaches!

Good luck and thanks for helping out!

88 replies
19 subscribers
16 saved
24 likes
sort on date
new
13/10/2016 at 22:56

PRECIOUS PLASTIK translation

Thought I’d share Alan’s link. You can find his comment in this forum. He posted it in autumn I think. I have already started some translation into German, so if you want you can check them and correct/improve them and add translations yourself.

starter
11/10/2016 at 07:35

Is there a spreadsheet somewhere or a glossary of the part names for the machines, at least? I’m trying to figure out what to call a “kladsettegenmessenrin” for example.

new
30/09/2016 at 18:11

Hello Dave,

I’d love to help translating into German and I am sure there are way more people that’d love to translate too! It’d be a huge help if you’d post a small summery how we can translate (f.e. Google Docs?)!
I love your ideas and work! 🙂

warrior
25/08/2016 at 17:52

Its fixed, thanks for letting us know!

new
14/08/2016 at 15:17

Hello Dave

I suggest you add a layer of proof reading before uploading content translation as there may still be some eggshells to pickup.

Example : the home page of your site for phonebloks

https://phonebloks.com/

Hi, We Are Phonebloks!

We try to can change the way electronics are made in order to create less waste.

A correct translation would probably be “can change” or “try to change”.
Personally, I suggest this instead : “We are changing”

Just my 2 cents… love your project, good luck!

Alex

PS : I run a company (tech and media) and am curious to see what possible synergies we could develop. Feel free to email me if interested. http://therubixgroup.co.uk/

starter
02/08/2016 at 20:14

Hi,
My name is Miguel and I am a freelance translator. During the past 8 years I have made my living translating from English and French into Spanish and Galician. I would love to help translate Precious Plastic materials into my mother tongues.
I have already prepared the Intro video subtitles for you to see (they are in .srt format, so they should be easy to upload). I am uploading them to the Google Docs file created by @alanemilio and also attaching them to this message.
Looking forward to your feedback!
Miguel

new
20/07/2016 at 06:15

Excuse me,

Can somebody help me, how to help translating the content. I’m from Indonesia n I just don’t know where is the place to download the content and where is the place to put it back after I’m done.

thanks

new
11/06/2016 at 23:30

Maria, i can join

new
11/06/2016 at 20:22

Me in Creole soon I hope

new
07/06/2016 at 22:23

hi Marie, if you need to split the work to do some French translation, happy to help. Yves

new
07/06/2016 at 22:22

Hi, happy to help with the English to French translation.

starter
07/06/2016 at 07:12

Saludos desde Colombia, alguno ya tiene los planos o videos de la construcción traducidos al ESPAÑOL??
Gracias!!

starter
01/06/2016 at 04:08

Hi, i saw you drive document but i dont know if the spanish translate is not finished or im looking bad?

however, thanks for colaborate

helper
30/05/2016 at 12:40

Hi I would like to help I can make english to spanish translations…

new
19/05/2016 at 00:09

Hello. I am mexican and I have a good level of english, I can translate the information from the downloaded files form english to spanish. If you could just give me the format in wich you want it.

starter
12/05/2016 at 13:12

i’m downloading your github file for translation.
i saw that your main website have the /en for english version.
i’ll update you for the /my version for malaysian.
i’ll try to finish this folder /my and we will try for /my extension.

and i’ll put this file in the shared google drive also.

cheers

starter
11/05/2016 at 20:09

Hi Dave,

I just finished the youtube online translation.; Please review it! Eric

new
10/05/2016 at 16:28

A translation system for Jekyll is indeed a must. Then it’s a matter of translating a single text file. If you guys (Dave and Leo) can’t figure this out – it’s a pretty easy one so just pass it around.

About using Github – I would recommend not doing it, as people with less technical experience will have trouble dealing with it. Especially the pull requests 🙂

I think there should be some kind of “moderator” for the translations, that people can contact, send translated texts, modifications, changes and fixes. He must be technical enough in order to submit a pull request. It would be best if this person can actually accept and merge it, but simply creating it is enough to help the less experienced ones.

This way we can split the task in two steps where everyone without any kind of knowledge could translate a simple Google Spreadsheet and still contribute to the project.

What do you think about that?

new
08/05/2016 at 06:29

Hi

How I can help to traslate in to spanish the web page and the instructions to build the machine?

Regards

Raul

helper
04/05/2016 at 01:49

I also feel screwed by the AutoCAD stuff. It’s backwards to use expensive closed software for open projects. On top of that, I use GNU/Linux, So AutoCad isn’t even and option if I would have the money.

What about FreeCAD? Is that good enough to work with?
Can the AutoCAD designs perhaps be converted into a format that has more respect for human beings?

Mabye you could do a few posts on the FreeCAD forum? That may draw in more people who can help with this.

starter
02/05/2016 at 18:38

@sylvainv Thanks Sylvain! I’m not sure I understood everything but I’m going to check github as well. I’ll tell you when I translated some file in French so you can have a look. I also would like to make a comment about you translating into Chinese. I am a profesional translator and normally, we are supposed to translate into our mother tongue (to have a better and more natural result). Maybe you’re binational? Anyway, you will know if you’re able to do it or not 🙂 As a translator, I just feel like I must give this advice 😉

starter
01/05/2016 at 18:10

Great job @emburaman! Very inspirating; I was very busy these days, but I will continue with the Spanish translations this week.

Keep in touch!

Best Regards.
Alan

starter
28/04/2016 at 21:41

Ok, I managed to remove that duplicate file. 🙂

new
27/04/2016 at 03:39

If we edit simple text files, like we will do. You can edit your file on your side, I can edit the same file on my side. Github will be able to join files automatically. Pick up the changes you made and the changes I made and merge them into a single file.

I am working on moving to a translatable website but I am having a little trouble.

starter
26/04/2016 at 23:55

Hi @nedthairi,

We can work in the meanwhile, translating the texts and other stuff and using the Google Drive folder; in this way we can go forward since now, if you have available time to do it. I’ve just started this week.

starter
26/04/2016 at 23:49

Hi @kathastrofica! I created this link to stay organised; there is an Excel file and also some folders for other languages. Please, feel free to open and modify the excel by putting your name in the cells of the files you want to help with.

If you have some doubts please tell me. By now we can work on Drive to go forward, while the other guys tell us how to proceed with GitHub.

Cheers!
Alan

starter
25/04/2016 at 08:22

Github sound easier in future since PP weby based on Github platform.
I’ll open up github acc then.

cheers guys.

starter
24/04/2016 at 21:25

Thanks Silvain! I will start translating right now (to Spanish), using the table (it’s editable by everybody, btw). I have a question, once we change to github is it possible also to know when a file has not been checked by a second person?

I will wait for the instructions to use github; last time I entered the site but didn’t know where to go or what to do 😛

Regards,
Alan

Viewing 28 replies - 61 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘[Precious Plastic] Translating our content’ is closed to new replies.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪