We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Upvote/Downvote Buttons

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dd2pls1988 4 years ago.

Kindred kindred

Upvote/Downvote Buttons

13/09/2014 at 11:26

Hi Phonebloks!Frequently, I see great posts being posted by members of the community and some of them contain great ideas. Instead of replying to all posts/ideas I like without adding something contributory else than “Great idea!”, I’d like to vote up their posts. Downvoting isn’t necessary, but could be added so if someone doesn’t like a post, he vote it down.Kindred

5 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
14/09/2014 at 08:49

I would really love an upvote/downvote system. It would work really well to filter out stuff that really doesn’t fit with the conversation. Like if a post gets a certain amount of downvotes it hides it from view because it wasn’t contributing to the conversation and doesn’t deserve to be there. There would have to be some rules put in place to stop people from abusing the upvote/downvote system as well.It would have to be used in a way that helps people. In a forum like this people are always going to have different view to yourself, and because of this some people aren’t going to like what you say. In this case someone might downvote you for making a valuable contribution to the conversation. That is not the way to do it.So if it is introduced there has to be some rules along with how to use it properly.

05/10/2014 at 13:43

Perhaps link it to Social Media too like how you can “Like” or “Tweet” peoples participation within challenges. That could also help spread the word about PB too.

07/10/2014 at 19:10

28blokker wrote: Perhaps link it to Social Media too like how you can “Like” or “Tweet” peoples participation within challenges. That could also help spread the word about PB too. Great idea. 🙂

08/10/2014 at 22:02

Thank you! 😀

24/10/2014 at 21:27

If the brilliant minds of yesterday were voting each other we would not have this technology today we would not have a social diverse society. My opinion your opinion and other opinions matter this is what made us who we are. Phoneblok do not allow voting to hide or remove anyone’s opinion. That should be left up to a team of moderators to move them to the correct location but never shut out what might be a great thing. That’s like having more people on here that did not see phonebloks as being something to talk about.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.