Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

[USA] Company Making Shredder parts

This topic contains 82 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Tim 1 week ago.

Andre A. dreek00

[USA] Company Making Shredder parts

18/01/2017 at 05:43

Hello guys!

The company that is working with me to get the shredder parts is called “BBC Steel” and they are located in Oregon.

Prices

1-4 sets $400.00 per set,

5-9 sets $375.00 per set,

10-20 set $345.00 per set plus shipping

Please: DO NOT CALL and simple email the company with the tittle “Precious plastic Shredder” (we do not want to overwhelm the company they are super busy already)
Contact for BBC STeel Randy randy@bbcsteel.com

Include your name and state you would like to order the shredder parts, keep in mind the prices may be going up due to the material going up in price. For NOW the shredder in METRIC is at $400 per set. This is one of the few companies that is wiling to work at small scale (one set at the time) Not all companies are willing to work this way since we cant order in bulk (100s at the time)

Again, We can not afford to lose this company so email with discretion and be polite, this would be ideal for people who require receipts and invoices (If for business)

Update as of July 12, 2017
Contact for BBC STeel Randy randy@bbcsteel.com

Any question don’t hesitate to message me.

Thanks,

Andre

1+
28/02/2017 at 14:54

Hi @veroes and @jisrael please read this post it will help you in getting the shredder parts! this is the cheapest so far for the parts. Please contact me if you have any questions

Toggle replies
28/02/2017 at 19:40

Thanks Andre,

I’m still working with my school to see if we can get funding for this project. But I’ll be sure to share this with the group?

Toggle replies
28/02/2017 at 19:55

Thank you so much! I will also talk to my group and get ordering as soon as we can!

Toggle replies
13/03/2017 at 18:11

thank you guys who ordered from BCC steel me and other members got our parts successfully !!

Toggle replies
18/03/2017 at 06:21

I like to get one guys…any help.

Toggle replies
21/03/2017 at 01:46

@dallasteche Hi Dallas I sent you a message with the information

Toggle replies
30/03/2017 at 14:05

Hi Guys I know BBC Steel website is in construction so if you are trying to email the company you can email Randy at RANDY@bbcsteel.com and tell him Andre Referred you for fast response.

Toggle replies
03/05/2017 at 16:04

@amandilk Here you can see my post 🙂

Toggle replies
17/05/2017 at 03:01

Aloha….Can i get in on this group buy? Please send me an email as to what I need to do, eric@revolusun.com
I’d like 1 shredder.

Toggle replies
20/05/2017 at 02:17

Hi all, I am also interested in this group buy (if it still has not happened as I see it was a while ago when the group was first established). I would be interested in 1 shredder to be the base of a small plastic recycling shop! My email is ryandriscoll1@mac.com. Im not sure how to get to be a part of this group but if someone sees this let me know!! Happy recycling 🙂

Toggle replies
28/06/2017 at 04:41

Hi Guys,

@ericcarlson808 and
@drisk unfortunately the group buy never went through, you can order the laser cut materials from BBC steel like stated in my updated post. email randy@bbcsteel.com and tell him Andre from NJ send you.

Toggle replies
11/07/2017 at 20:59

I contacted BBC and I had them get me an estimate with shipping…
he also sent me a list of materials with the attached Shredding Dxf Laser Files V2.0 ( 02_shredding laser overview.pdf )
the problem i see here is that the quantities of blades is wrong and there is no way to build with only 1 of each knife.

according to the document in the kit ( 01_shredding overview.pdf )

the item numbers in the shredding overview and the shredding laser overview don’t match so its difficult to just cross reference.

* What is the quantities of blades that you received from them.

also in the [01_shredding overview] item 1 Shredding Side-plate shows qty-1 should there actually be 2 ?

UPDATE Randy contacted me by phone and confirmed the quantity of parts was correct.

Toggle replies
11/07/2017 at 23:07

@dreek00 how is your shredder working that you purchased from them?

I haven’t received my quote back from my water jet cutter yet, however, those prices seem awfully high. Was this price based on the entire unit made from stainless steel? Even doing a bulk buy for $340 seems high. I’m sure this price does not include post processing to make sure all the parts fit and function. Does this price also include the hardware, hex shaft, and bearings?

Not trying to step on toes; just seems to be missing information in the deal.

Toggle replies
12/07/2017 at 19:52

@innerchaos Let me go back to my garage and get back to you on the quantity of the blades

@xxxolivierxxx can you please respond @innerchaos question?

@innerchaos Randy should have all the file I originally sent him this will get you all the parts to build the shredder but I will double check for you

Toggle replies
12/07/2017 at 20:11

hey @toochi84 thanks for asking! my shredder is coming along pretty well, BBCSTeel is a nice company to work with, Randy is awesome and even corrected some spacers that were cutted at the wrong size.
Yes! all the parts are laser cut in stainless steel 304 as per Dave files.

No 🙁 the price doesn’t include the hardware. Regarding the price BBCSteel seem to be the cheapest one (so far) for the parts AT A SINGLE ORDER (one set of parts for one shredder) and they are also willing to work in a small scale (one by one order)
I am in the North Jersey area and other companies have quoted me $1k to $1500 for a single shredder parts which was high. Also other companies will not work with you as long you order in bulk.

If you find a cheaper price we would love post it and share it to other members.

Andre

Toggle replies
12/07/2017 at 20:25

@dreek00
Seems like @innerchaos already sorted out his confussion. I can guarantee the files are correct since I used them for my own shredder.

Toggle replies
14/07/2017 at 22:00

Hi everyone ! I’m also interested to buying one shredder parts kit, because in my country (France) that was just impossible to found one company who is working with simple people…

If somebody is making a buying group, just tell me, or i will contact some company that i have find in this topic.

Thank you a lot !

Toggle replies
17/07/2017 at 19:06

Hi @diesel52 this information should be helpfull

GERMANY

*Full Shredder Kit: @mr-hirn is currently selling complete shredder kits in 2 versions: Stainless Steel and regular Steel. Ships to all Europe for free. You can find his store here:

https://www.diyrecy.eu/cgi-data/Dateien/index.php?cat=c1_Precious-Plastic-Precious-Plastic.html

*Full Shredder Kit: @katharinaelleke is currently organizing groups of people who want to get a shredder build, she has already purchased a few group orders from Schnabel Metalldrücktechnik with the following costs:

In group orders (10 sets or more) we got the following prices:
1) Mixed set for 80€
(5mm parts will be stainless steel and 3mm + 6mm parts will be normal steel)
2) Stainless steel set for 227€
(completely stainless)
+ shipping

Toggle replies
19/07/2017 at 20:39

Hi @dreek00

I had already watch this offer,

But i dont need 10 Shredder (Lol) and i dont know 9 guys who are also interested.. =(

[EDIT 07/20/17] – Oh my god, i just have a look for Shredder Axe on Diyrecy : 85€ ! I think that i will stop my Master’s degree to became a metal worker !!

Hexagon axis at 10€ and 10 minuts of work…

Toggle replies
16/09/2017 at 17:44

I’ve been trying to just flat out buy the Filamaker from Germany. They seem to be unable to receive payment in any way. The payment method they recommend doesn’t even work so I can’t get it. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or know what I’m doing wrong?

Toggle replies
Viewing 22 replies - 61 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.