We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Using China bought shredding blades for shredder

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pporg 2 months ago.

Ennis Massey microtransactions

Using China bought shredding blades for shredder

14/03/2019 at 01:31

So, getting the blades cut for the shredding machine is a bit costly, but there are quite a few options available on Alibaba for hardened steel cutting blades. Here’s some examples: https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=Shredder+Blades

I think that using these blades, either cutting or finding a drive shaft suitable for them, and otherwise just using the existing plans for the shredder would be a considerably cheaper option for those who need it. I’m currently using a garden mulcher, which works alright, but makes processing some kinds of plastic difficult.

7 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
14/03/2019 at 13:44

These blades look like a good option, from only 2USD a piece, 1 pc min order.

They all look like they are designed for twin-shaft shredders though, but that’s not a big step up from the existing plans.

starter
17/03/2019 at 02:17

@andyn Right, thanks for the advice. I’ll look further into it

starter
17/03/2019 at 03:48

@andyn Actually, might have found an even better option: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/200mm-width-300mm-length-Mini-double_60456503285.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.289c3e5fLESRa7

Just talked with the manufacturers and have confirmed it’s actually a full shredder. Seems generally pretty cheap, but I’ll take some time to look over other options.

warrior
17/03/2019 at 15:29

Yes, looks quite reasonable compared to building one. I think you will need to add the motor, gearbox etc.

warrior
17/03/2019 at 16:02

Well the tests with house hold plastics such as shampoo bottles looked rather tedious and disappointing; plastics was just jumping around. I can’t see this working well without a good plunger for the hopper.

starter
18/03/2019 at 02:45

@pporg Not sure what you’re referring to. The one video I could find of the fully assembled shredder showed it making pretty short work of a water bottle. Admittedly, the output wasn’t very fine, but I believe you typically use a mesh at the bottom to keep material in the shredder until it’s fine enough to fall through. Seeing as you can also order it with custom blade dimensions you should be able to get it closer to the actual precious plastic shredder.

warrior
18/03/2019 at 10:14

right, i saw recently videos showing a small version, maybe that’s why 😉
g

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.