We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

V4 BeyondPlastic – [INDEX]

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jannis 4 months ago.

Jannis dasjannis

V4 BeyondPlastic – [INDEX]

31/01/2019 at 09:54

In this topic we will gather all general ideas, questions and suggestions on biodegradable materials, bioplastics and future alternatives to plastic. Below you will find an index with all topics and links connected to materials, processes and prototypes.
@dasjannis and @carmen-kelly are currently working on this task and @marinab and @zsofi were part of the team in the past.

INDEX
Background Infos
Materials
Processes
Machine Developments
Products
Workshop Developments

Attachments:
12 replies
8 subscribers
5 saved
12 likes
sort on most likes
helper
31/01/2019 at 10:51

If you are interested to find out more about our process until now and like reading blog-like entries, check out these two topics:
Process of the Way to the Heatable Mould
First Material Experiments and Way to Wheat Bran and Potato Peels

helper
04/02/2019 at 13:37

Hey @halimwidyakusuma,

thanks for the link! 🙂
It’s not our project, but it’s the same process. Wheat bran just seems like the perfect material to make these things from it, since it doesn’t need anything besides water, heat and pressure.

starter
21/02/2019 at 10:29

Please Whatsapp me more details +9195020 44255

We have a lot of rice bran around us.
Stanley

helper
21/02/2019 at 15:45

Hey Stanley,

rice bran should be an option as well, even though we have not tried it yet. And you can find all the information we have so far in the linked forum topics.
If you have more detailed questions, send me a direct message.

warrior
24/02/2019 at 02:34

Just came across this https://www.theshellworks.com/
It may not be compatible with the PP vegan cafe but interesting.

starter
09/03/2019 at 17:25

Hi @dasjannis,
Regarding the biodegradable bowls, maybe you could use beeswax on the inside to waterproof it? Awesome projects btw! 🙂

helper
12/03/2019 at 17:51

Hi @ohanao,
Thanks for the great idea! I’m planning to cover the topic of biodegradable coatings and treatments like that a bit later in the project. But it’s definitely on my to-do list 🙂

warrior
13/03/2019 at 18:28

Out of curiosity, are there regulations in the EU on what material can come in contact with human food (materials, processing history, etc)?

dedicated
28/03/2019 at 04:07

@dasjannis
previously i thought you use some wood glue,
feel impressed knowing that just sticked by heat-water-pressure
awesome project 😀

new
28/03/2019 at 08:12

Hey Guys – First – you are all so awesome! I wasn’t sure if you knew about this, so I’m passing it on.  https://inhabitat.com/biodegradable-tableware-made-from-wheat-bran-debuts-at-torontos-green-living-show/?variation=d

helper
06/05/2019 at 14:51

Hey there!
So it was a bit quiet in our topic for the last weeks. (My last entry was at the end of February?! 😮) Time flies by, I guess 🦋…
In the mean time a few things changed, Marina went back to Finnland to finish her masters degree (Go Marina!💪) and I got some unexpected but wonderful support from @zsofi from Hungary. She is now testing out all kinds of different raw materials in our prototype in order to already build up a material library to go with the machine in the end. She will share the results of her experiments and all her fast growing knowledge in our materials topic soon!
On the other hand we worked on developing our proof-of-concept-heat-press further and are now far enough to feel confident to start the actual machine building. I will share all those processes from now in the machine development section of our topic 🙂

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪