V4 BeyondPlastic – [INFOS] Recipes and Books
Here is a little overview of recipe books and other open publications I gathered throughout my research so far:
– The Secret of Bioplastic by Clara Davis
Nice little book on how to make bioplastics from gelatin and cool example projects.
– Bioplastic Cook Book by Margaret Dunne
A quick read for everyone who wants to get an overview of different materials used for DIY Bioplastics. Features gelatin, agar agar and starch as binders and explores a bunch of additives in combination with them.
– Recipes for Material Activism by Miriam Ribul
A bit “designy” and theoretical, but it offers some inspiring takes on different biomaterials and new processing methods.
– Bioplastic Handbook by Oi-Ying Kwong
Pretty straight-forward book with very clear graphic explanations on the structure of plastic and bioplastic polymers and well documented experiments with milk, starch, and gelatin.
– Bioplastic: tools and recipes by Johan Viladrich
A small booklet with good pictures and interesting recipes for binders like starch, Dammar gum (tree resin), skin glue and blood.
– Research Book Bioplastic by Juliette Pepin
Another recipe book filled with well documented experiments.
– Bio Sample Book by Qiong Gu
Short exploration into different DIY bioplastics with very cute drawing of the recipes.
– Materials Experiments Catalogue by Jake Aaron Cohen
A experimental but very deep and well documented research into possible materials and properties from onion skins.
Nice open-source library for bioplastics, that hopefully will still grow so much more!
– SYMLAB recipe book by Aleksi Peltonnen, Jaea Chang, Karla Werner Zeuthen, Linnea Kilpi and Paul Flanders
A great new book with very clear recipes made from agar agar gelatin and sea weed!
Feel free to comment more sources and I will include them up here!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.