We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

What is the size of the gun of the injection mach

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Flo.
Miguel Angel miguelangel

What is the size of the gun of the injection mach

03/08/2017 at 20:31

What is the circumference of the barrel in mm according to the planes of dave? Hello I have a great doubt is not clear to me the thickness of the cannon, the planes say 1¨x 20 mm what is the measurement of the gun and the tube that goes inside that pushes the plastic?

Attachments:
2 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
05/08/2017 at 14:00

The barrel is 26mm inside diameter, 34mm outside diameter. The piston inside needs to be as close to 26mm as possible, in practice you will need a small amount of clearance to stop it from jamming.

The 1″x20mm is a bit confusing as it mixes metric and imperial units. This is the thread that goes on the OUTSIDE of the barrel (though the arrow appears to point to the inside). 1″ is the size of thread (1″ BSPT) and 20mm is the length that should be threaded. 34mm diameter tube is a little large to thread at 1″ BSPT, it will help to grind a small amount off the outside and chamfer the end.

Most people then screw a 1″ BSPT reducer or two to the end of the barrel to reduce the size to something more sensible like 1/4 BSPT to screw into the mould. You can also get BSPT to metric reducers.

warrior
05/08/2017 at 21:46

@miguelangel Hey! I moved this topic to “Questions?” and removed 4 spam comments from all over the forums. Please do not ask the same question 5 times in 4 hours. This just makes a mess in the forums. Thank you!

Yours,
Flo

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪