We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!


What Tooling for this?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adrien Luitot 3 years ago.

Sam Bartlett saminstmartin

What Tooling for this?

26/07/2018 at 21:14

I would like to make a grating similar to the one shown in the attached picture – I think I will have to buy the perforated plastic base.  Can you advise which method would give me the best results?  I think it must be with extrusions or a mould but advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks 🙂

2 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
sort on most likes

In reply to: What Tooling for this?

27/07/2018 at 12:52

How big is it? How many do you want to make?


Have you thought about 3D printing? It’s a complex shape for a mould, and I doubt it would be possible to mould it without an industrial machine, probably beyond the capability of the PP machines.

In reply to: What Tooling for this?

29/07/2018 at 00:34

Hello @saminstmartin !
I didn’t really understand want you would make so I search “aquahive” on the internet. I found some interesting pictures, where I could more see what you want.

So if you want to do something like on the 2 pictures below, I think you can make it with the oven but I don’t know if it allows to “mold” thing as thin as that. You could also try to make it with the injection machine but with risk because it’s often expensive and if it don’t work it will not be cool.
I think it depends on the thickness needed by the “plate” (I mean not the hive but the bottom part) if you don’t care about it, I think you can do it with the oven/compression machine.

Finally, I think you’ll have to make the holes manually, with a drill or whatever you want.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪