We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Where can I get the Precious Plastic font?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ida Sobotik 7 months ago.

Yonatan yonatanman

Where can I get the Precious Plastic font?

05/08/2018 at 09:45

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any access to the precious plastic font Dave has created?

We’re building an android Precious Plastic Community Application and we wanted to use the same font, for authenticity.

Is it available anywhere?
I’ll update as soon as we have a minimal viable product to show 🙂

P.S. The precious plastic logo in better resolution will also be a blessing.
Thank you.

Keren, Ohad, and Yonatan.

10 replies
4 subscribers
2 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
starter
06/11/2018 at 11:12

Hi Ohad,

I downloaded the Precious Plastic mobile App from the Android store recently. I was wondering why the login is not the same as from the webportal. But actually, reading your post brings me to the idea, that your initiative does not have anything to do with this community. With other words: Your initiative is not aligned with this user database.
Did you already asked Dave for the font you need? May be there is a way to work with the user database (but this might stay in conflict with the EU-DSGVO: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/DE/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679) ?

cheers

Karsten

starter
08/11/2018 at 07:46

Hi freiblick,

Ohad, Keren and I made the application.

I’ll first say that I indeed asked Dave for the font, yet haven’t received the font. Maybe in the future.

As to your notion of why it is a different login, the application is a stand-alone at this point. It does incorporate the database from the community. It potentially could though. At this point, we’re keeping it separate.

We think it could improve the feeling of community by making Precious Plastic more social and easily accessible.

The file you shared was completely in Dutch, which I don’t speak but I suppose
it describes what is and what is not allowed.

Would love to hear your feedback 🙂
Yonatan.

new
08/11/2018 at 10:11

Hi All.
I’m currently working on a full Precious Plastic space in Wales. I’d love to stick to the Precious Plastic branding… use the text “Precious Plastic (Flag) Amman Valley”.
Would this be an issue at all? If I could use the same font… then it would let us stick to the standard branding of Precious Plastic and help share awareness.

Input and suggestions much appreciated. 🙂

Rob

starter
08/11/2018 at 10:41

Good morning Yonatan,

many thanks for your answer.
Originally, I wanted you to write my first message privately to you and not in response to your original thread. But as I was a bloody beginner in this community I did that wron. So, in this thread I mixed up two themes which run in parallel now: (the font topic & my topic: The question about separate logins for web and mobile).
I would like to suggest that you continue to discuss in this thread your topic about sharing the PP font and I´ll answer you separate and private about my topic (separate logins for Web and mobile), ok?

cheers Karsten

starter
08/11/2018 at 13:30

Hey Rob,

I don’t know directly, however, I think that question belongs under a different header if you want to get an official answer. I bet there is even an answer to that question somewhere in the forums.

I’ll also quickly point out that other work-spaces have done exactly what you describe. I’m not saying it’s officially okay, I’m only saying you won’t be the only one.

Sorry I can’t properly help.

starter
19/04/2019 at 03:35

Did anyone find the font file?

warrior
19/04/2019 at 04:05

I suspect that he just writes in on paper, then scans it and cleans up in illustrator with a trace.

However the font “Tragic Marker”  is pretty close.

Attached thumbnail.

I used the stroke function on the text to make it have contrast and the colors I just sample from what is already on the page to kind of match what is shown.

Attachments:
starter
26/07/2019 at 04:56

Hey! I’m looking for the Precious Plastic font, too. We’re launching our branch working with youth programs in Madison, WI, USA. I’d love to be able to download the font to keep the branding consistent with what you all in the Netherlands are doing.  Is there a link to download it somewhere?

warrior
26/07/2019 at 11:20

@idasobotik @thejiminoz @btmetz @hesperus @freiblick @yonatanman
Good news, the font will be released with V4

starter
26/07/2019 at 14:24

Oh wow! Thanks dude. Thank you, Precious Plastic folks in charge of the font and the decisions behind it for sharing it!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪