We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Where to get te Shredder stainless Steel parts

Miguel Angel Rendon Lara rendon

Where to get te Shredder stainless Steel parts

26/10/2016 at 22:38

HI
I want to know if someone in this community is selling the stainless Steel parts already lasser cut for te Shredder.
Could be USA OR México.

Thanks

11 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
starter
06/11/2016 at 01:45

Hello there. It’s my first day here but I can help. I’m in the machining industry and will be getting my blades made very soon as well as making all my other machined parts myself. I’d be very interested in making extras of everything and perhaps trading for other components. Or selling them if that’s ok here.

Date looks funny: today is 11/5/2016

hero
21/11/2016 at 21:39

That’s awesome @drjswizzle 🙂
I believe @jsk555 from Australia is looking forward to do the same. If you can come up with a tangible proposal to sell shredder units, we can even make you a “Precious Plastic Market” subforum for you to sell your kits and finished products to the community 🙂
What do you think @davehakkens ?

warrior
21/11/2016 at 23:05

Would be great if you could share a lasercut @drjswizzle, it will probably save costs for both. Yes we can organise that @xxxolivierxxx , maybe we could start by collecting those topics on location into one new post? I think i’ve seen others like Indonesia, Belgium and India coming by as well..

starter
22/11/2016 at 11:59

Hi @Drjswizzle I would love to chatt about business at [email protected] .

@xxxoliverxxx the hex bar on its own costs me $150 including machining and postage but I am waiting on machines to machine parts myself.

I would to share an online space to make machines etc.

I also have some really wild ideas for phase 3 marketing.

warrior
22/11/2016 at 13:32

@xxxoliverxxx @jsk555

Some time ago when I was starting out building my shredder I posted about having multiple hex bar shredder axles made (http://onearmy.world/community/forums/topic/shredding-axe-axle-group-buy/)

This would have been possible for about $50 each with worldwide shipping (cheaper for UK/Europe), unfortunately back then there was not enough interest, I would need about 10 to make it viable. I have since gone a different route with my shredder and not used the PP design, but if there is more interest now, or a market can be set up, I could look into this again. I might also be able to help with other parts that require accurate machining.

hero
23/11/2016 at 04:38

@andyn thanks for your offer, count me in if the project is still in place. I already have a hex bar but it’s 1 inch instead of 27mm, so the knives fit a little loose

@rendon
Now that I recall, there is a “Precious Plastic Mexico” group here in the community, they build machines so hopefully, they might be able to sell you a shredder kit

helper
04/02/2017 at 03:50

hi guyshredder

helper
19/02/2017 at 13:33

I have started trying to source the hex bar and laser cutting here in Adelaide, Australia. I will keep you updated with how I go, but I may be interested in the hex bar too @andyn!

starter
04/03/2017 at 04:10

I have a quote for the hex bar in SS at 250 Malaysian ringgit (approx $70AUD). The quote for the rest of the shredder laser cut is 2800MR approx($800AUD). How much have others spent on laser cutting. I will try for another quote and see how I go.

warrior
04/03/2017 at 13:31

@seamonkey if you are willing to get the parts from India and pay a little extra then contact me at [email protected]

starter
06/03/2017 at 01:13

Hello all,

Am new in this community and of course so much interested in the machines.
Is there any community group in West Africa?
where could be the easiest way to get the parts or the machine to NIGER?

Till yesterday this WAS my dream project!
Today it IS because hopefully i came across the Dave’s video on facebook which gave me hope again.
Thanks a lot for your support.
xxx

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪