We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Worldwide community updates

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Noyes 1 week ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Worldwide community updates

24/04/2018 at 17:41

There is a lot of development and awesome things being made by the Precious Plastic community. Mould, machines, products. We spot updates all over the place. Youtube, twitter, instagram, websites and mails that people send us. We use an internal (slack) channel to share new updates, however they are interesting and relevant for everyone here so we will do it here!

This topic is to share all (cool) updates from our members around the world. You can upload your own big updates, but also feel free to collect and share updates from others.

✌️

14 replies
8 subscribers
3 saved
7 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
25/04/2018 at 20:51

came across this chess game made by Trasholicious in capetown, south africa. 🇿🇦 Board made from old bags fused together and the pieces with injection machine. nice mold! 💥

Attachments:
starter
27/04/2018 at 17:12

We are Up Plastic team from Finland and Uganda.

Our local team in Makerere University is progressing! They are working hard and making pavement tiles to place them in a school in Katanga, the suburb of Kampala.
Good job guys!!!
Fun fact: do you see more than 100 PET bottles in the picture or the tiles? Because we see both!

I also just wrote a post on our journey and whole story behind the workspace we established in Makerere University. Link bellow:

Full story behind Up Plastic and PP Makerere Uni.

TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WHAT WE ARE UP TO FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM:
https://www.instagram.com/up_plastic/
OR READ OUR BLOG:
https://up-plastic.tumblr.com/

With Love and Hope for Plastic Free Future,
Anna from Up Plastic

Attachments:
warrior
29/04/2018 at 23:19

Super clean machine setup from Plasti.co in…spain? +sweet video! https://vimeo.com/264290985

Attachments:
warrior
01/05/2018 at 23:20

Niice! 😍  (It seems like they are in El Salvador.)

dedicated
03/05/2018 at 07:03

I’m currently making a simple table lamp, concrete base.

i used excess dvd cases, and put together a simple mold from aluminum.

picture of it just holding together, first prototype.. =P

Attachments:
warrior
06/05/2018 at 19:47

That chess set looks awesome, I would be a great idea to buy some of them to give them as gifts to senior houses

warrior
09/05/2018 at 00:07

Colourful little material experiments made by Daniela Schwarz from Austria.

Attachments:
warrior
13/05/2018 at 00:26

Prototype from kunststoffschmiede in Germany from a while back. interesting to see a super boring yet very functional application

Attachments:
warrior
09/06/2018 at 22:27

Cute little hopper from Praglab in South Korea

Attachments:
warrior
09/06/2018 at 22:34

Reinforced injection machine from @talleresferica in Spain. They needed more power to fill up all the little details with plastic in their impressive sunglass mould.

Attachments:
warrior
30/06/2018 at 22:13

Replace broken parts in existing products. Guitar made by la fabrica maker space in Uruguay

Attachments:
warrior
28/07/2018 at 12:09

Making machines to make machines. Covers for the electric boxes made in USA

Attachments:
warrior
05/08/2018 at 13:31

From a 24 year old kid (paul) in US. Not sure how they do it, but food and recycled plastic is always tricky because its hard to trace where all plastic comes from. Doable, but you just need to be careful. That said, still good process and learning.  Specially interesting to see the website they made for this one product. Good way to communicate https://www.earthwormproject.online/

Attachments:
warrior
13/09/2018 at 23:11

Maputo Tile Mural

I’ve been working with a group based in Maputo, Mozambique. They have the PP injection machine and I have made them moulds to produce tiles. The city council have approved a tile wall in one of the main avenues and it is going to be an environmental awareness mural of 3000 plastic tiles covering an area of over 20 square metres. Each tile is 10cm x 10cm and they have recycled over 100,000 bottle caps, nearly 2000 PET bottles, and also polystyrene take-away containers to make the 3000 tiles. The wall is currently being prepared to attach the tiles and the unveiling is planned for later this month. I will post an update when it is complete.

The tiles are based on the ‘Metro’ design with bevelled edges, but are square rather than rectangular.

Attachments:
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.