We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Youtube cherries for makers

This topic contains 39 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 week ago.

Anonymous

Youtube cherries for makers

07/04/2019 at 19:56

please post here your Youtube cherries and easter eggs

– Awesome and perfectly useless hacks by ‘This old Tony’ 
– Shredder, the ‘Colin Furze’ way

enjoy

39 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
2 likes
sort on most likes
new
14/09/2019 at 01:40

Almighty Oxtoolco, working with plastic. Interesting techniques, using brass wool for polishing.

20/09/2019 at 01:05

Hey
you may wanna checkout the TipBlitz hashtag on youtube. Not just cherries but quite some diamonds this year 🙂

Btw. ‘Sebastian End’ published the plans for his CNC. That’s pretty much the best build I’ve seen since long – still in the 4-6K range but very convincing for a home shop CNC mill.

warrior
20/09/2019 at 02:42

Thanks, the TipBlitz is great. The CNC is too pretty for my garage.

I have been thinking of making one of the MPCNC routers.

20/09/2019 at 16:34

@s2019, just a little recommendation : a CNC is a great thing to build yourself if you want to learn something new but honestly, after so many own and failed builds – you want something which just works (leveling, electronics, … stuff which can drive you crazy, for weeks or months even ). At the end it’s just another tool. Don’t be too shy to go for a machine able to cut Aluminum at least which is a game changer for makers (you want some fun – right ? ). If you need something which mills metal (just do, it’s just the B after A and there is no C), take one from Craiglist. There are popular bench top models (can’t tell right now) – ready for a conversion; best is of course just to get one of those already. I can’t wait to see Stan next year competing with good old Tony 🙂 Tell your wife it’s absolutely needed to fix the house and the car…lol

warrior
20/09/2019 at 20:02

Yes, the first few parts off of the machine would be some signs and plaques for the wife’s hobby….I know how this works.
The MPCNC design is intriguing and fits well into my interest in the build itself.
I’m still interested in exploring cheaper/softer materials for limited use custom molds.

warrior
07/10/2019 at 22:03

@ppme , since you have some great designs for combined pp machines, perhaps you could add one of these as an attachment.
https://www.instructables.com/id/Industrial-Strength-Cat-pet-Feeder/

07/10/2019 at 22:28

@s2019, damn – exactly what I needed, so many times; hilarious – having the problem AND the solution in front of your eyes – for soo long. I am adding this to the v3 & v4 feature map – please assume a few more thousand people making their way to PP soon. (actually the neighbor way feels a little better, for the cats too)

Btw,

I’ve got a little orgasm yesterday to see the tiny & minimal shop of Stefan Gotteswinter. I didn’t know about grinding (grinder = 1K) your own carbide at home but this is going to save me a days of work 🙂

warrior
08/10/2019 at 14:59

Yeah, unfortunately unless that feeder has a mechanical finger that can open a can of the good stuff, it has been judged inadequate in our house….cat eats better than I do.
Stefan’s workshop looks nothing like mine…hmmmm…

08/10/2019 at 21:46

The upcoming ‘PP next-gen’ version aka ‘v4, just – plus more’ has a scheduler, adjustable via app – also for the shredder module. Luckily our cats want the ‘good’ stuff packaged in those plastic bags. It’s  getting a little messy but from what I heard from the FDA ‘we eat plastic up to the amount of a credit card, a week’ – that should be fine with the cats too – sometimes we feel they’re trash bins – just on legs. But hey, you’re right – nowadays with soo many food scandals – you can perfectly use cats as bad food detector. We stopped  buying a good bunch products of already 🙂

Then there is the v5 mixer module – perfect to smuggle some clay as worm treatment into the food. Perfect, I start loving this 🙂

Btw, I just checked on this bench top mill, it’s a widespread model and works like charm, for 3K just – quite a game changer but at second traders you get a mill which has gear cutting too 🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪