Forum Replies Created
1- Adding interlock between the heat and the motor movement.
2- Identify the heat element capacity ( mix requirement )
3- design another way to reduce or avoid the alignment adjustment effort.
1- Totally change the design and add a small water cycle for cooling the mold.
1- needed a bigger design.
2- Add auto reverse when Jam
When I run today I found strange issues as below:
1- I notice that the heat was going down from 300 to 250 and it continue to go down when I add the plastic and I was afraid from having a new breakdown, so I shut down the machine down to secure the parts, and I think that means that the heaters power is not enough ( I have one 180W in the front and 3 pieces 110W). Am I right or there is another element which I didn’t figure out? And how can we improve that? Also, in the BOM sheet that point is not covered well so how can we improve it to secure extruder V4.0?
2- I made a stupid mistake I switch on the motor without switching on the heaters and the coupling has been broken, which mean that I must add an interlock between the motor and the heaters to protect the motor from running before it reaches a set point, did any one did something like that?
I fix the machine adding a new strong support and flexible link between the motor and the bearing.
The motor is 1.5 HP with output 72 rpm
And I changed thermocable sensor location.
After 1 hour I will try to use the machine with new setting
Front heater is 300°
Back heater 280°
And I will inform you about the result
no need to buy a specific motor on line but you need to have a motor with gear which around 1.9 KW ( MAX 2.5KW ) from the scrap yard or if you need it online from Ebay or amazon.
thanks every body for your valuable information and from my side I made a Root Cause analysis for this problem and after fixing the machine I found these important points:
1- The main cause that the bottom of the PET bottle was too thick and hard so blades was not enough sharp to cut it and that lead to the next point.
2- The blade it self is not made from hard steel to survive with its own sharp edge.
3- The motor was too strong ( 3KW with reduction gear to 70 RPM ) without any safety stop.
4- The overload which is in the motor circuit is not the right one and it needs to be reduces.
So I will do the next steps to eliminate such like this issue to be happened again:
1- I will sort the parts before adding it in the shredder specially the big bottle bottom.
2- I will create a safety stop for the motor contains of a proximity sensor read the shaft rotation with a timer and if it stop reading the timer will stop the motor.
3- Changing the overload with another smaller one.
4- If it is applicable I will change the blades with a hard steel one.
And when I do that I will share the result.