Forum Replies Created
Thanks for the compliment! I’m willing to share the .DXF files in due time. I’ll talk to Dave to include them in some upgrade file.
Cool, is the shredder still going strong? Any sign of wear?
Getting there! good luck with the final part! I’ll hear from you 😉
en als laatste
en nog wat :p
en nog meer
Hierbij wat foto’s
Thank you for the compliments Dave! I managed an output of approx. 3 kg per hour.
I’m going to help the Plastic soup foundation in oktober during some events using the current machines. There were talks about some future builds for a similar project in another part of the world. Although that is not yet certain. So I’m still involved in some ways.
A few other companies have shown interest as wel, so I might have to build 1 or 2 more extruders before the end off the year. I will keep developing as well.
I’m always interested to help you with machine-devolopment projects. So let me know if any interesting comes up! You’re welcome to contact me
The concrete drills transport a bit less volume because the channel depth is less compared to the wood auger drills. In my mind, that causes more friction and helps plasticizing of the granules. Although it’s just a theory in this stage.
Screws in injection moulding machines have decreasing channel depth in the later part of the screw to provide pressure build-up/ friction and mixing. This is hard to get using any drill.
I did make the barrel longer yes, and use a longer drill. Longer screws provide more mixing, which is wat you want for compounding.
Hereby the larger pictures. Couldn’t find them yesterday haha. Nice to hear that you want to share them!
It had to disassemble the injection but it did fit on one box.
I had a lot of difficulties with the straightness of the barrel with the first version. This was partly caused by using the seemless gaspipe (bit really straight}. And welding on the barrel caused stresses and deformation as well. The most significant changes i’ve made to the design were:
– Using a concrete drill as screw (without the cutterhead of course)
– Production of a barrel using long hole drilling. This insures a straight and smooth barrel
– Using clamps instead of welded fixtures to secure the barrel. I’ve found some aluminium clamps which are normally used for stage building which did the trick.
– Made everything fully adjustable
For remarks or questions, i’m also reachable via E-mail:
The shipping container
And A second (improved version) has been made as well for compounding purposes. I’ve learned a lot since i’ve started!
It’s been a while but i’ve built the extrusion, compression and Oven press for the plastic soup foundation. They are currently underway to Bonaire to create more awareness for plastic recycling!
Haha, thanks cesdangel 🙂
Thanks Dave, I’ll show the results shortly!