We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Anyone knows the bearings part numbers or size ? Thanks

Tagged: ,

Andrei emspacelift

Anyone knows the bearings part numbers or size ? Thanks

30/06/2016 at 18:49

Hello Everyone,

I have lasercut the parts for the shredder and I am working on sourcing the other parts, found the 27mm hex bar and I will cut it to make it round when it gets here, does anyone know the resulting diameter for the inner bearing ?

The hex bar is going to take a while to be delivered and I want to purchase the bearings as well ahead of time.

PS: The cheapest local estimation in Romania with one fabricator and parts is 600$ for the shredder(cheap second hand electric motor with reduction gear included). So please adjust the plans to include a more realistic price estimation and specifications on bearings.

Also it would be helpful if you start manufacturing and selling the kits but how soon will you run out of scrap yard electric motors with reduction gears?

I am planing to make a custom electric motor out recycled plastic copper and fibers and a cast steel and cnc rectified gear reduction drive out of recycled car gearboxes.
I will share the designs open source and sell the complete kits trough a crowdfunding campaign. If you wish to work together to release the motor controller and gearbox let me know. Thanks

1 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
hero
29/07/2016 at 18:19

I know my response is almost 1 month late, but all those details are included on the PDF files, but just to make it easier for you:

Diameter of the round part of the Hex bar: 20mm
The bearings you need are 2 x UCFL204 20mm, these are the one’s I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B67EI72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪